Rebecca! | The Boneyard

Rebecca!

Reaction Score
5BBADED9-DF21-4C74-926A-AB04D38D4F54.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So knowledgeable. When they asked how surprising it was that Azura still needed to work on defense after 2 years at Duke, she reminded us that Duke played a matchup zone. Just the smartest and funniest analyst in the game.

Reaction Score
RL is one of my favorite players of all time and i have such respect for how she lives her life. so congrats ....well done. I do wonder though, and in no way am i trying to diminish her accomplishments whatsoever, would she be where she is today if Geno had not recruited her?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
RL is one of my favorite players of all time and i have such respect for how she lives her life. so congrats ....well done. I do wonder though, and in no way am i trying to diminish her accomplishments whatsoever, would she be where she is today if Geno had not recruited her?

She had enough natural talent that I seriously doubt any coach in the country would have been a hindrance to her accomplishing what she did. Specifically, she likely would have ended up at Stanford. I'm no great fan of Vanderveer, but I don't think she would have caused Rebecca to miss out on the HOF. Who knows, maybe she would have won a championship or two there. Didn't they win one in 1992?

Reaction Score
Would Geno be where he is if Lobo didn’t come to Uconn

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo, by virtue of her play on the court and her poise and class off the court has become the “grand lady” of UConn WBB. She is an articulate spokesperson for WBB, a role model to thousands of young athletes and a wonderful wife and mother.

For many of us, myself included, she was one of the primary reasons we became fans of UConn WBB in the first place.

Reaction Score
well, if you watch the last minute of this amazing speech, you'll get your answer.
Executive Summary: she believes she owes everything to Geno

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom