Rebecca Lobo HOF | The Boneyard

Rebecca Lobo HOF

Reaction Score
Youre such a ray of sunshine.

That's quite an argument for her. You want to talk about Sheryl Swoopes or Cheryl Miller? Fine. Not sure how Lobo is even in the same breath as those two.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As a big women's fan I completely missed..at first...that she was going in as a contributor and not player. Truth be told I probably would not vote for her inclusion
as a player....but she absolutely deserves admission in the contributor category. She was THE face of women's basketball after the 1995 ring season and she was a significant factor
in the birth of the WNBA. She has helped grow the game as much as any player in the last 22 years....and that would include players who were much better on the court.
The fact that she is a local....and was a large factor in UConn becoming THE national power....and has always conducted herself in an entertaining and classy manner just piles on
to her justified entrance Friday night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah. She averaged about 17 ppg in college. She played about 120 games over 6 injury plagued seasons in the WNBA and averaged under 7 ppg. Amazing. Totally hall of fame material.
Uh, Deep? This is the MBB board. We have a woman's board for you to discuss WNBA and UConn WBB stats. Honestly you are so obsessed with them you really should be posting there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
She put Women's basketball on the national scene, plain and simple. She was the catalyst and the face of the game. You can argue that but look at the ratings back then and young girls getting involved with sports more and more.

Congrats to Rebecca Lobo

Reaction Score
She put Women's basketball on the national scene, plain and simple. She was the catalyst and the face of the game. You can argue that but look at the ratings back then and young girls getting involved with sports more and more.

Congrats to Rebecca Lobo

Agree to disagree. I think that putting someone in a HOF because they were the "face of the game" in college for a few years weakens the honor of everyone else who deserves to be in there.

Reaction Score
For a moment he understood, then...BAM!
He went right back

Sorry. That wasn't not clear.

If she actually got in as a player, my head would have exploded. It makes sense that it was not for that.

For her contributions? Eh. That's hogwash. "Everyone gets a trophy!"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not only was she extremely influential to women's basketball, she helped to make UConn what it is today.

No, I didn't say she helped make UConn women's bball what it is today. I said she helped make UCONN what it is today.

She's indeed a hall of famer...

Reaction Score
That's quite an argument for her. You want to talk about Sheryl Swoopes or Cheryl Miller? Fine. Not sure how Lobo is even in the same breath as those two.

So, in order to be in the HOF you have to be as good as 2 of the best players ever?

I guess Cooperstown should close down then, as I don't see anyone recent being even remotely close to Ruth, Gehrig, and Koufax.

Reaction Score
So, in order to be in the HOF you have to be as good as 2 of the best players ever?

I guess Cooperstown should close down then, as I don't see anyone recent being even remotely close to Ruth, Gehrig, and Koufax.

Bonds and Kershaw.

Reaction Score

I'm sorry. I didn't know 7 ppg was a huge bar to clear for HOF consideration.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For a moment he understood, then...BAM!
He went right back
I was all set to make note of the welcome rarity of a poster acknowledging misunderstanding and backing off a harsh stance after getting more information. And then he doubled down after your comment.

Simply put, no, it's not "Everyone gets a trophy," Deepster. Your argument is weak.

I'm glad this news bothers you; adds to its validity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are beautiful Brother Deep :cool:
Deep I'm no huge women's fan. Not a hater for sure I only went to one game in my life.But let's be fair
Her team was huge in women's basketball history especially in the media rich NE.
Heck The NY Times was writing articles about her teams.
The fact that she grew up a few miles away from the HOF doesn't hurt I suspect that was just as big a factor as anything else..
I learned a long time ago never to critize anyone receiving an honor whether there are more deserving people or not. Good for them , but it really has no bearing what so ever on anyone else's contribution.
She put UConn's women basketball on the map ,the most dominant team in history.That's should be enough even for you it's certainly enough for an old men's BB fan like me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom