Rebecca Lobo Hall Of Fame Speech | The Boneyard

Rebecca Lobo Hall Of Fame Speech

Reaction Score
I remember being interested in women's basketball and watching some games. I mostly watched Tennessee play because they seemed to have success. Then along came Rebecca Lobo and Connecticut was getting some notice. After watching Connecticut play and looking so good I became even more excited to watch women's basketball. My friends now know that my favorite team is the Connecticut Huskies and that I will be watching them play almost every game so no need to ask me to be doing something else when they are playing.

I have enjoyed watching Rebecca in her career. It was truly a wonderful tribute to her to be inducted into Basketball's Hall of Fame. Her speech honoring her family, coaches, teammates and fans shows just how much they all meant to her. She models so well for younger players how having a goal and working hard one can accomplish success. I loved hearing her share her memories. Thanks for those memories.f

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations Rebecca Lobo!! You are now a "Hall of Fame" inductee.

Congratulations Coach Geno Auriemma!! Not only is Coach Auriemma a "Hall of Fame" inductee, but his former player/student athlete is now a "Hall of Fame" inductee. Job well done!!

Continuing to make history one player and play at a time!!

Reaction Score
Not often enough, athletes come along that rise above the games, scores, interviews, etc and truly become icons and major players in the game of life! Rebecca Lobo is one of those athletes! She exhibits Class, Intelligence, Humanity, Pride, in everything she does and says! As UCONN fans we have been blessed with several coaches & athletes that emulate the same qualities as Rebecca Lobo! We should appreciate that every day because they'll come a time when that will not be the norm and we'll have to rely on the memories of magical times from the past!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Uurgh. Was waiting for Geno to put on the heels. :rolleyes:

Wonderful speech. So many great lines but I think she may have initiated a little battle with her eldest daughter's coach. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Like many UConn WBB fans, I first got interested in WBB during that fabulous 1995 season watching Rebecca and the Huskies in those epic battles against Pat Summit's Lady Vols. I've been a diehard fan ever since.

Rebecca is a remarkable young woman. Her speech was absolutely wonderful. I can't help but wonder just how good her daughters might become, as I'm pretty sure there's only one college they would want to attend...:)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fantastic!

BTW: there is a picture in the Springfield Republican today of Rebecca, her husband and the kids.
Unless the camera angle skews it, her husband looks at least 4 inches taller than Lobo....and Rebecca is a legit 6'4".
I read that her oldest is 12 and almost 6' now. Maybe the high school class of 2022? I gather she does play hoops.
Word to Geno.

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Fantastic!

BTW: there is a picture in the Springfield Republican today of Rebecca, her husband and the kids.
Unless the camera angle skews it, her husband looks at least 4 inches taller than Lobo....and Rebecca is a legit 6'4".
I read that her oldest is 12 and almost 6' now. Maybe the high school class of 2022? I gather she does play hoops.
Word to Geno.
You may have forgotten but back in the day of print media when the Boneyard Magazine still had a worldwide distribution, they were at the hospital to capture the "signing" (footing?) of Siobhan.

bym_jan_05.jpg

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo's full speech is posted at uconnhuskygames.com. It was easily the best and funniest speech of the night; she even got a laugh out of Larry Bird.:D

Filled with humor, poignancy and gratitude, I agree that Rebecca's speech was the best of the evening. Like chicken soup, having a sportswriter in the house, "couldn't hurt."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Fantastic!

Word to Geno.
Not sure where you got the idea that Rebecca's oldest doesn't play hoops, but if you watch the speech, one of the funny stories that she tells involves a recent argument with her eldest, as she was practicing in the driveway, over the proper way to execute a low post move. Not many 12-yr old girls work on low post moves in their spare time if they're not playing ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom