Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...horization-list-see-who-applied-to-have-them/

The list was obatined through a Freedom of Information Act request made by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. 20 new applicants, mostly law enforcement and universities.

My question would why do they want drones used on campus?

I know that it is Saturday night and after a rather large snowfall which has exhausted me (that is, after watching the Cinn-RU game) but I can't seem to find any link other than an article posted in a single newspaper in the UK (The Mail) where all the sites have been linked by someone named "Jennifer". Could you point out for me, as I seem to be challenged by the abundance of material, some other meaningful reference in the US??? This smells a bit...

Reaction Score
i only saw it on The Blaze site. it seams odd that a low profile school like UCONN would be on the list of places that asked to use drones, doesn't it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reactions: THC

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I would certainly think to,prevent crime. The visibility from the drone cameras is incredible. If you could save a life or prevent a rape wouldn't that be a great thing?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I know that it is Saturday night and after a rather large snowfall which has exhausted me (that is, after watching the Cinn-RU game) but I can't seem to find any link other than an article posted in a single newspaper in the UK (The Mail) where all the sites have been linked by someone named "Jennifer". Could you point out for me, as I seem to be challenged by the abundance of material, some other meaningful reference in the US??? This smells a bit...

I was suspicious at first, too. So I accessed the linked article, went to middle of the second line of the second paragraph, where the word link appeared in red. So I accssed it (not the one above, here) and found a list of Drone Applicants, with the USAF #56, US Army #57, USMC #64, US Navy #65 and UConn #71.

So then I composed my smart-ass post above, in this thread.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Thanks to Kibitzer the search for answers has yielded results... There was a link through the map to a ZIP file with all the documentation from UConn.

It was a mechanical engineering research project from 8/11 to 8/12 on a small plot of land at Horse Barn Hill Farm. The drone was an electric helicopter. The FAA rules governing the license granted did not allow any operations over populated areas, nor roads, nor at night...

Sounds rather harmless to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc