Really OT (act of desparation) | The Boneyard

Really OT (act of desparation)

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Thought about posting this in entertainment but when I looked there it was just threads about TV shows. Mods please move if inappropriate here (though I really I only trust posters on the FB board and I'm getting desperate). I'm trying to find a decent place to take my wife dancing really anywhere in central CT. Type of music is really unimportant. More important is a crowd that is truly 30+ (we're 40+) and socially mature. Not interested a bar full of testosterone-laden yahoos (been there 30 years ago). Any suggestions/experiences greatly appreciated!

Reaction Score
On a more serious note, I find that country clubs tend to have dinner/dance types of things. No idea if you're in the market for a country club though.

Reaction Score
West hartford center...grants late night, bar taco. Lots of 30+. Or rooftop 120 in glastonbury

West Hartford center is all 21-35 I would say. Most in 20's. Rooftop would be good but not much room for dancing.

Reaction Score
Thought about posting this in entertainment but when I looked there it was just threads about TV shows. Mods please move if inappropriate here (though I really I only trust posters on the FB board and I'm getting desperate). I'm trying to find a decent place to take my wife dancing really anywhere in central CT. Type of music is really unimportant. More important is a crowd that is truly 30+ (we're 40+) and socially mature. Not interested a bar full of testosterone-laden yahoos (been there 30 years ago). Any suggestions/experiences greatly appreciated!

Flowers won't work, huh? You must have done something really, really bad.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ask @8893 or @August_West for advice. Might be your best bet.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Do not go to West Hartford Center. Dancing places in CT for people the age demo you're looking for is going to be limited to country clubs or take her to New York.

Reaction Score
Do not go to West Hartford Center. Dancing places in CT for people the age demo you're looking for is going to be limited to country clubs or take her to New York.

Whenever I'd hang out at JRoo's in North Haven, there was always people dancing to life music and I'd say it was roughly the 30-50 crowd. So the bars do exist. I just am not sure where they'd be in the Greater Hartford area. Almost certainly not the Center, that's where the young folks hang out. Or downtown.

I was just searching "dancing" on Yelp in the I-91 area and Casa Mia in Berlin came up, people described it as a bit of an older crowd and there's a live band with dancing encouraged. Perhaps worth checking out?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ohh, should have totally asked in the cesspool. You'll get some great suggestions there.

Most of the Cesspool is white guys who can't dance, many of whom only think about women when they're on promhub.

Reaction Score
Is your wife Brazilian? My wife is Brazilian and wants to do salsa all the time. I'm sure Connecticut must have some places for Salsa or Meringue or maybe Samba. I personally don't care for the sound of it. I keep putting off the dancing thing with my wife as I can't dance that style. I tell her Hip Hop, House and techno is all I can do. LOL! She doesn't care for hip hop so we don't dance. Not a long term resolution of course. LOL!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Is your wife Brazilian? My wife is Brazilian and wants to do salsa all the time. I'm sure Connecticut must have some places for Salsa or Meringue or maybe Samba. I personally don't care for the sound of it. I keep putting off the dancing thing with my wife as I can't dance that style. I tell her Hip Hop, House and techno is all I can do. LOL! She doesn't care for hip hop so we don't dance. Not a long term resolution of course. LOL!
Wow how did you guess? My wife is from Rio. I lived there with her for 4 years until 2014. Do you guys go to games/tailgate at all?

Re: dancing I can't really dance at all. I just smile and fake it.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Flowers won't work, huh? You must have done something really, really bad.
Actually, my wife has said that dancing helps her "get her devils out" and as I'm not psychologically prepared for an exorcism I'm willing to go the dancing route for the sake of domestic tranquility. I figure a Saturday night of dancing in the winter is fair trade for a Saturday afternoon of football in the autumn.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Most of the Cesspool is white guys who can't dance, many of whom only think about women when they're on promhub.
My wife agrees gringoes can't dance, especially the white ones (me, for example).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am not Brazilian, but I do know that there are Brazilian (or Brasilian) communities in the Bridgeport and Danbury areas.
As for dancing, try this:

Places to dance in Connecticut

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom