Reality | The Boneyard

Reality

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We’re what, a collective few possessions away from wins over Xavier, Indiana, WSU, Villanova, and Houston? It’s not fun watching our team lose, but we’re a lot closer to being a great team than we are to doomed. Hurley is turning this program around. Be patient. It’s frustrating to lose like this but we are so much closer than we were. We’re gonna get there. We’re gonna be back.

Reaction Score
We’re what, a collective few possessions away from wins over Xavier, Indiana, WSU, Villanova, and Houston? It’s not fun watching our team lose, but we’re a lot closer to being a great team than we are to doomed. Hurley is turning this program around. Be patient. It’s frustrating to lose like this but we are so much closer than we were. We’re gonna get there. We’re gonna be back.

Preach

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I agree with everything you said, Im just sick of being in “wait until next year” mode. This fan base is absolutely starving for success.
Agreed. It stings. But it’s genuinely starting to feel like we mean when we say “next year.”

To that point, though, I’m fully expecting another frustrating year next year and the real swing to be the year following.

Reaction Score
I think even if we would have won a few of the close games, it would have masked our deficiencies and sooner or later they would be revealed.

pj

Reaction Score
We're gonna get there -- next year. I have a feeling that this March, we'll still be losing by a few possessions.

Reaction Score
I’m ready for a winning streak THIS YEAR. Let’s leave this conference as not a bunch of soft losers

Reaction Score
At Houston, with the circumstances around the whistles and T's, I'm actually surprised we hung in it. But that last few mins was brutal. With Bouk still in, we win. Unfortunate, because the kids were fighting.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I’m ready for a winning streak THIS YEAR. Let’s leave this conference as not a bunch of soft losers
It’s not unreasonable to think this team could plow through the conference tourney. It’s just as reasonable to expect them to lose the first game by 30 points.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if we stop making the same mistakes every game, maybe we'll win one

Reaction Score
There’s going to be some more losing, but as long as we leave with our dignity and our toughness I’m ok with that.

Reaction Score
I think even if we would have won a few of the close games, it would have masked our deficiencies and sooner or later they would be revealed.
Im not so sure about that. I mentioned this after we lost to USF, and Im really starting to believe that its all mental at this point. Confidence comes with success, and no player on this current team has ever tasted success at the college level. Hurley is 100% correct when he says these guys just do not know how to win. If the Xavier game went in our favor, and Indiana, maybe this team develops a confidence and swagger. Then you throw in the fact that we play AAC teams in their building where its just been bad loss after bad loss, its almost expected. I mean its just human nature. I think the move to the Big East is a good thing for change of scenery alone. These kids need that.

Reaction Score
He took a chance. It was a weird one, but whatever. These guys who are acting like Hurley is god awful aren’t watching the same team as me.

I agree with you 100%. Though I haven’t watched the replay, he definitely wasn’t the 1st shooting option...mighta been the 3rd at most. I assume he was out there because in Hurley’s mind, he was the best 2nd/3rd/4th option 3pt-shooter left to play that hadn’t fouled out of the game.

Reaction Score
This team is not terrible. Aside from not knowing how to win, I really think that we are one competent big man away from being half way decent.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Need point guard help way more than big man help
Having one or the other helps. A pg can play with a lot more confidence knowing there’s a big man to clean up, and a big man can play closer to the basket with a better pg. Just one or the other would go miles.

Reaction Score
You've seen Carleton's individual moves. We need a 4 and 5 (and a true 3) more than we need a PG

Reaction Score
Head bang me during the last few minutes of these close games against top teams. Or UCONN ready to knock down that wall to success. Read it how you want

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom