OT: Reality set sin for Pitino. | The Boneyard

OT: Reality set sin for Pitino.

Reaction Score
I guess I can't edit the title. Should have read, OT: Reality set's in for Pitino. Could one of the admin's fix it?

Reaction Score
I'm sure people smoked at the Providence Civic Center back in the day. He didn't complain then.

But hey, it's a new day. Roger Daltrey was recently complaining about smoke during a concert. I'm sure that never even occurred to him during the 1970s.

Reaction Score
I hate smoking and don't allow it around my kid but if im in public its just something you have to deal with sometimes.

Reaction Score
He’s American, it is a thing of the past here. If you haven’t been in an enclosed building with a bunch of smokers in a long time you might not get it. In foreign countries they smoke like they are in a dive bar in Winston-Salem North Carolina in 1968. It’s disgusting. Thick, stale air full of smoke and body odor.

Reaction Score
Remember some people smoked at the old UConn Classic and later the Conn Mutual Classic. That was 40 plus years ago.

Reaction Score
Eh, when I was in Rome last year, I got used to it after just several hours, and I was never eve a smoker. Just reminded me of how things used to be here.

Reaction Score
He’s American, it is a thing of the past here. If you haven’t been in an enclosed building with a bunch of smokers in a long time you might not get it. In foreign countries they smoke like they are in a dive bar in Winston-Salem North Carolina in 1968. It’s disgusting. Thick, stale air full of smoke and body odor.
I remember being in a satellite plant location in the South in the 1970’s where the room was so filled with smoke you could barely see the people on the other side of the table.
The meeting room was small with a low ceiling and no ventilation.
I gave up smoking in 1968 but was usually tolerant. It was so bad my eyes were red and itching until the next day.
If I die of a lung related disease it will be job related.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I guess I can't edit the title. Should have read, Reality set's in for Pitino. Could one of the admin's fix it?
Actually, your corrected version is worse, as it not only loses the unintended humor, it adds a grammatical error in the form of an extraneous apostrophe.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I'm sure people smoked at the Providence Civic Center back in the day. He didn't complain then.

But hey, it's a new day. Roger Daltrey was recently complaining about smoke during a concert. I'm sure that never even occurred to him during the 1970s.
Daltrey probably wasn't complaining about the smoke in the 70s because much of it was coming from his own blunt.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I miss those days.

I miss smoking on planes and I especially miss blowing smoke at restaraunt tables.

That is when America was great.

You can trace the decline of America directly to the abolishment of smoking in public. Think Im kidding? Look it up.

So I am a one man crusade now to live how I want. Concerts? Yup I still light up, why should my enjoyment of my concert experience be curtailed because of a bunch of nancies? I paid the same money as you, Im entitled to enjoy it just as much as you, and if that means firing up an American Spirit Light Blue or a cool Newport soft pack (I like menthol when I get my swerve on) why shouldnt I?
UConn games? Sure. In the hallways wherever. Even lit up in my seat once this year. Who is going to stop me? Try it. Ill put it out in your eye.

Now that you know, Look for me in XL and Gampel this year. Ill be the guy with enjoying the cig while all you haters whisper among yourselves but cant do a damn thing about it.

Reaction Score
I miss those days.

I miss smoking on planes and I especially miss blowing smoke at restaraunt tables.

That is when America was great.

You can trace the decline of America directly to the abolishment of smoking in public. Think Im kidding? Look it up.

So I am a one man crusade now to live how I want. Concerts? Yup I still light up, why should my enjoyment of my concert experience be curtailed because of a bunch of nancies? I paid the same money as you, Im entitled to enjoy it just as much as you, and if that means firing up an American Spirit Light Blue or a cool Newport soft pack (I like menthol when I get my swerve on) why shouldnt I?
UConn games? Sure. In the hallways wherever. Even lit up in my seat once this year. Who is going to stop me? Try it. Ill put it out in your eye.

Now that you know, Look for me in XL and Gampel this year. Ill be the guy with enjoying the cig while all you haters whisper among yourselves but cant do a damn thing about it.
Make August Great Again

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Rick is fine with hookers, underage drinking, table sex, recruiting violations, but no smoking please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom