Reality check Who would have thought 5 years ago in 2007 that | The Boneyard

Reality check Who would have thought 5 years ago in 2007 that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a football conference of UL, Cincy, Cuse, RU, Pitt, USF, Uconn, and Temple would actually be quite good. What happened? You could write a case study on why the now defunct BE fb teams went kaboom. I am still trying to figure it out. It obviously had NOTHING to do with actual on field performance.

FB wise I would put this group in 2012 up against any conference. And yet its all blown up.

Oh well maybe 5 years from now a conference of UConn, Cincy, USF, UCF, Temple, ECU, UH, SMU, Memphis, and Tulane will similarly surprise the sh$t out of everyone.

Not trying to imply what UConn should do, but hiring Harry Houndini's relatives to pimp our program from a PR perspective will definately help.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You'd put the 2012 Big East against any conference? Can you point me in the direction where I bet against that nonsense?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
a football conference of UL, Cincy, Cuse, RU, Pitt, USF, Uconn, and Temple would actually be quite good. What happened? You could write a case study on why the now defunct BE fb teams went kaboom. I am still trying to figure it out. It obviously had NOTHING to do with actual on field performance.

FB wise I would put this group in 2012 up against any conference. And yet its all blown up.

Oh well maybe 5 years from now a conference of UConn, Cincy, USF, UCF, Temple, ECU, UH, SMU, Memphis, and Tulane will similarly surprise the sh$t out of everyone.

Not trying to imply what UConn should do, but hiring Harry Houndini's relatives to pimp our program from a PR perspective will definately help.

What was the big east's record vs the MAC this year?

Reaction Score
You'd put the 2012 Big East against any conference? Can you point me in the direction where I bet against that nonsense?

How did you fare in the UL vs Florida game?

Reaction Score
Yes I may have hit the pipe before writing, "FB wise I would put this group in 2012 up against any conference."

But my main point is 5 years ago people who looked at those teams thought their FB potential was peanuts, and instead all teams progressed very nicely over the last 5 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes I may have hit the pipe before writing, "FB wise I would put this group in 2012 up against any conference."

But my main point is 5 years ago people who looked at those teams thought their FB potential was peanuts, and instead all teams progressed very nicely over the last 5 years.

Eh if you count Temple 4 have progressed. Syracuse had to progress as they couldn't worse. A couple are level and a couple have progressed.

Reaction Score
as I mentioned in a different thread a few days ago, 2 years ago we had the following football members on board once TCU accepted:

TCU, WV, Ville, Cincy, Cuse, Rutgers, Pitt, UConn, USF

Then WV left and the whole thing started to fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom