Realistically what schools are going to be looking for coaches | The Boneyard

Realistically what schools are going to be looking for coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that would affect us? Mike London at UVA has to be getting hotter on the seat, but he has monster recruiting class committed? Does Kansas fire a second coach after only two years? Could be a good year for us to be on the market sort of speak.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
London has 2 of the top 10 national recruits committed I figure that gets him another year.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
London has 2 of the top 10 national recruits committed I figure that gets him another year.

How the heck does a school like UVA attract 2 of the top 10 national recruits?!? I just don't get how we could have been so awful at recruiting for so long. I know that it's not going to really improve now that we're in the AAC but earlier, when we were successful under Randy, we were on same level as a UVA and we never sniffed a top level recruit. Just blows my mind and makes me think that with the right coach, we could get better talent than we've seen up to this point to come to UConn, even if we're in the AAC

Reaction Score
I agree about London getting another year, but he has really flopped. Successful FCS coaches are shaky at this level sometimes.

Reaction Score
How the heck does a school like UVA attract 2 of the top 10 national recruits?!? I just don't get how we could have been so awful at recruiting for so long. I know that it's not going to really improve now that we're in the AAC but earlier, when we were successful under Randy, we were on same level as a UVA and we never sniffed a top level recruit. Just blows my mind and makes me think that with the right coach, we could get better talent than we've seen up to this point to come to UConn, even if we're in the AAC

UVA has had some unbelievable recruiting classes according to Rivals / Scout and we still knocked the snot out of them. Way, way too much emphasis on the accuracy of those sites.......

Reaction Score
I see both London and Charlie getting another year...although London will want to win right away next season of he will be gone by game 3 or 4. I would say aside from UCONN and Miami
of Ohio you will see Texas hire a new coach, and what ever school they hire their guy from will be looking for a new guy (both done far after we finish our search/hire) and maybe UGA (in Richt's defense at UGA he has basically lost all his playmakers to knee injuries except Aaron Murray).

Reaction Score
I saw KU struggle in person against South Dakota. Not SDSU, the South Dakota that just moved from D-II to FCS. That being said, KU would probably beat our team right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Weis will get 4 years at Kansas. London would be in trouble if not for the recruiting class. After that, a lot of schools have changed coaches in the last few years and will probably let things play out a little longer.

If Oregon State crashes and burns in the meat of a very tough Pac 12 schedule, maybe Reilly gets in trouble. He is a great coach but has been there a long time. Richt has had brutal injury issues, but he has been there a long time and never even played for a National Title. Dabo Sweeney has always been able to cover his bad losses with a few big wins every year. The Georgia win doesn't look that impressive right now, and he got blown up pretty badly last night. I still think Clemson wins 9 or 10 and Dabo is safe.

After that there may be a few coaches, like Paul Rhoads, that could play themselves out of a job if they don't win 4 or 5, but overall I think this will be a slow year on the coaching carousel.

Reaction Score
Slow year on the coaching carousel is how I'm seeing it as well. I was looking at Oregon State last night, after losing their opener against a good FCS squad, Eastern Washington, thy have bounced back nicely and not lost again. I was thinking about us, and how it had the exact opposite effect. Riley is a very good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom