Realignment’s effect on Recruiting | The Boneyard

Realignment’s effect on Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm real excited for Samuel to get here. Kid says all the right things, and makes it easy to be a fan of him before he even steps on campus

Curiouser
Reaction Score
*Terrence Samuel, 2013, committed to UConn: “Doesn’t matter as long as I’m a Husky.” (He’s learning fast).

I'll take ten of him, please.

Reaction Score
Dave Telep of ESPN Recruiting wrote an article yesterday and basically said that with all the schools moving around kids don't pay attention to it and conference affiliation is not an important factor to recruits.

Here's the link but it's an ESPN Insider's article, http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-telep/post?id=2795

Sometime this week, Pitino is likely to tell a recruit he is joining the best basketball conference in the country in 2014. This after the Louisville Cardinals announced they will leave the best basketball conference in the country.

The point is it’s pointless. Pitino and other coaches’ words are just words. They have no meaning. College basketball conferences don’t matter anymore. It’s 2012, and college athletics is big business.

We have schools with good basketball programs and subpar football programs bolting for “football superconferences.” Cast aside are the long-term ramifications of culture and tradition, replaced by the short-term lure of money.

You can’t sell conferences anymore. Back in the day, you could. Now, don’t even bother.

C

Chief00

Generally, long term I do think conference matters. The big conferences tend to get the top recruits and more of them were ranked in the top 25 teams then teams in non prestigious conferences.

Reaction Score
Even we paraded around to the recruits about playing in the BE. Many were attracted at the conference and the schedule, including other BE schools. The tourney also was a great sell and TV exposure as well.

Its up in the air now how to sell the conference now. We need a good OOC schedule going forward. Reduce the Stony Brooks, Vermonts, etc...

It is important for recruits who want to play competitive b-ball.

Reaction Score
Generally, long term I do think conference matters. The big conferences tend to get the top recruits and more of them were ranked in the top 25 teams then teams in non prestigious conferences.
Conference affiliation does matter long term and we'll know better next year how it effects Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom