Real classy Tennessee fans | The Boneyard

Real classy Tennessee fans

Reaction Score
I've seen dumb stunts like this in NFL games. Assumed it also happened at college level .

As a Bills fan, I've seen some interesting items thrown onto the field during games. Rivalries bring the worst out of people.

Reaction Score
I get people don't like Tennessee but what does this have to do with women's basketball?
Maybe the wbb recruits were at the game. It may or may not influence their decision if they’re planning on attending the university. I know Ashlynn Shade was on an unofficial visit there this weekend but not sure if the recruits attended the game.

Reaction Score
Maybe the wbb recruits were at the game. It may or may not influence their decision if they’re planning on attending the university. I know Ashlynn Shade was on an unofficial visit there this weekend but not sure if the recruits attended the game.
Most schools make sure to take the recruits and parents to all big sporting events scheduled for those recruiting weekends.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'll guarantee that Geno would not take a UConn recruiting target to a UConn football game, maybe a hockey game but definitely no football :)
I know Dawn usually brings recruits to football games.

Reaction Score
I'll guarantee that Geno would not take a UConn recruiting target to a UConn football game, maybe a hockey game but definitely no football :)
Football games are suppose to be a fun social experience as well but its probably smart not to attend a UCONN football game. There is bad... and then there is another level... Its hard to believe how bad Randy had that program. To their credit they did beat Yale somehow this week.

Reaction Score
Wrong.

Recruits hang out with the players. Players often go to the FB games.

Reaction Score
To put a finer point on this ....

They threw golf balls directly as Kiffin's head. I'm no fan of Kiffin, but you could do serious long-term damage if that actually hit him. Unconscionable.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are you sure you actually read the thread before chiming in? The title of the thread -- "Real classy Tennessee fans" -- makes it pretty clear it's about the fans who threw garbage on the field, not the football team.
Like any thread, it took some detours. I was following one of the detours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So what will be the consequences?

If the SEC and the University of Tennessee had any integrity whatsoever, the Vols would have to play the rest of their home games in an empty stadium.

But of course, that's an "if" contrary to fact.

Reaction Score

If the SEC and the University of Tennessee had any integrity whatsoever, the Vols would have to play the rest of their home games in an empty stadium.

Something needs to happen. Does anyone recall what SEC and/or NCAA imposed on Ole Miss few years back? Guess that’s what will happen to UT.

Reaction Score

I could see the students being banned from the next home game. The feasibility of banning season ticket holders would get sticky and possibly open the school to a lawsuit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I could see the students being banned from the next home game. The feasibility of banning season ticket holders would get sticky and possibly open the school to a lawsuit.
Do we know for certain that no season ticket holders threw objects toward the field?

Crowd control is the host institution's responsibility. Grievous failures have consequences, or at least they should. If the school has to pay a prorated refund to season ticket holders just because they don't want to get sued, so be it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom