RE2.0 Has Left the Trailors | The Boneyard

RE2.0 Has Left the Trailors

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
He definately is acting like UConn is a special place - recruiting coaches and players - and not the program in trailors.

In his intro press conference, I thought it was interesting that when asked to compare this start to last time, he said "everything is in place now" and I was expecting an P5/excuse answer and he went the other direction.

I'm pumped. We will be winning the AAC

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We've got six to seven years to get an invite into a P5 or the dream may be over. To achieve that dream, I believe we need to win 60+ in the next 7 years. It's possible (8-9 wins a year). The only reason the Big 12 didn't expand was because they didn't have #12. Cincinatti was #11. The Big 12 had contacted them a year before the process began. We are #12. Houston is no longer a factor. BYU has issues. The Big 12 wants us, but they don't want to take crap from everybody for adding a bad football school. If we get back to respectability, we are in. We were in the same discussion as BYU, Cincy, and Houston regarding expansion yet we sucked lately at football. If Houston or BYU had sucked like us the last six years, would they be in the discussion? Not a chance. We have better brand than any other non-P5 school, and that along with winning will get us back to where we belong.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
We've got six to seven years to get an invite into a P5 or the dream may be over. To achieve that dream, I believe we need to win 60+ in the next 7 years. It's possible (8-9 wins a year). The only reason the Big 12 didn't expand was because they didn't have #12. Cincinatti was #11. The Big 12 had contacted them a year before the process began. We are #12. Houston is no longer a factor. BYU has issues. The Big 12 wants us, but they don't want to take crap from everybody for adding a bad football school. If we get back to respectability, we are in. We were in the same discussion as BYU, Cincy, and Houston regarding expansion yet we sucked lately at football. If Houston or BYU had sucked like us the last six years, would they be in the discussion? Not a chance. We have better brand than any other non-P5 school, and that along with winning will get us back to where we belong.
Screw the Big 12, B1G or bust.....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There is a tangible excitement since he returned. The staff looks great. The recruiting trail is bringing in some nice looking prospects / transfers. There is life in this program again.

Athletic Director Dave has come through in a big way. Kudos to him for making a gutsy call with Edsall 2.0. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to make that call myself...

Reaction Score
Looking back I chuckle at all the impatience with each faze since RE2.0 came on. Every hire has been solid to fantastic. Recruiting is humming along nice. The energy is definitely there. So ready to see it in action.

Reaction Score
Looking back I chuckle at all the impatience with each faze since RE2.0 came on. Every hire has been solid to fantastic. Recruiting is humming along nice. The energy is definitely there. So ready to see it in action.

I wasn't impatient. Things just weren't happening fast enough. ;)

You have to admit, no one could have predicted the coaching hires and the apparent "uptick" in recruiting and getting transfers.

Reaction Score
Since when did we have an OC takes a substantial pay cut to join UConn FB? It's happening finally at UConn FB!!!! Very optimistic about the future!!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He definately is acting like UConn is a special place - recruiting coaches and players - and not the program in trailors.

In his intro press conference, I thought it was interesting that when asked to compare this start to last time, he said "everything is in place now" and I was expecting an P5/excuse answer and he went the other direction.

I'm pumped. We will be winning the AAC
'Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til (you've) gone.'

Reaction Score
I believe in Randy, the HC almighty,
creator of UConn football;

I believe in the Huskies, his only Child, our Team.

He was conceived by the power of the NFL and born of Georgia Tech.

He suffered under Jeff Hathaway, left for Maryland, died, and was buried.

He descended to College Park. On the third season he rose again.

He ascended into Storrs, and is seated at the right hand of AD Dave.

He has come again to coach the PP and Diaco recruits.

I believe in the Husky Spirit, 3-3-5 MAYHEM defense, the communion of staff, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of UConn football, and bowls everlasting. Amen.

Reaction Score

I believe in the Husky Spirit, 3-3-5 MAYHEM defense, the communion of staff, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of UConn football, and bowls everlasting. Amen.

That is either funny as hell or you are going to burn in hell either way looking forward to good football again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I'm extremely happy that the Big12 didn't expand
That is NOT the place for UConn
Its the ACC or B1G

Reaction Score

The initial (re-)hire of RE was wholly uninspiring.

But the coordinator hires after that (particularly OC) have put the RE hiring in much better light.

Reaction Score

Come on man. 60 wins over 7 years? This team will be lucky to win 45 games in that time. Edsall is a better coach than Diaco, he is a breath of fresh air for this program, but he is not a miracle worker. He still faces a lot of the same problems in recruiting that Diaco faced.

Reaction Score
Hey!! Somebody move over and make some room on that bandwagon for me. I admit I was not happy Randy got the nod but everyone deserves a second chance and it sure does look like he's making the most of his. Much improved staff over the last two regimes. Flipping AAC recruits. Luring P-5 transfers. Still a little concerned about the QB position but hey, there's still 7 days before signing day. And... I wouldn't write Williams off just yet. The guy is still just a freshman. He might not be ready for prime time in 2017 but with good coaching he might still be the future.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you believe that RE had an inkling that MD was going B1G;

And you believe that the B1G gave UCONN a to do list for possible consideration;

Then you can conspire to believe that RE knows something and is possibly leveraging that information...

OOOOEEEEEEOOOOOO.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

This is a top 10 post of all-time here on the BY. Especially if it becomes reality.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Right up there with Makers Mark!
No, no it is not.

20.jpg

Reaction Score

Just not IN the huddle.

Reaction Score

Some may be offended by this, but I give it an A+.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Some may be offended by this, but I give it an A+.

NOt to speak for them, but I think even our Jewish fans are willing to go along with this if it means an AAC championship.

Reaction Score

As a "man of the cloth" I want to be offended...but you rocked it! Well done.

Reaction Score

You know such blasphemy guarantees a ticket to the hot spot. Well done but hopefully "the man" has a sense of humor. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom