Re the undue criticism of this team | The Boneyard

Re the undue criticism of this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. "KO better figure out this Jalen doghouse situation..."

Jalen is in advanced leadership school, this is why he came here. Win championships & be a lottery pick. Chill, it's going to be fine.

2. "Sterling's selfishness is..."

I'm not sure where this meme came from but please stop pulling mean garbage out of your butt & throwing it at this kid. He's being asked to play a different role than at any point in his basketball career. I wish he were a better pg, that doesn't make him selfish it makes me selfish. If Sterling were off ball getting 10 shots a game you all would love him.

3. "Will you get a bigs coach already...all we have are guards on staff..."

So a former guard can't be a well rounded basketball coach, eh? This is what you're telling me, and worse you're using our bigs to make your case. 10 totals says you're out of your mind.

51, 57, 42, 62, 57, 41, 57, 67, 58, 73

Amida & Phil are both playing well & if you see some untapped potential there I don't know what you're looking at. Phil plays above his level because he's a smart kid who's well coached.
Kentan is a 4 year project with huge upside who's sitting behind a stud, I seriously doubt the staff is going to swing & miss with this kid, but some players take longer to believe in themselves which is where Kentan seems to be. I think his senior year will be solid.

Speaking of Shonn critics of the coaching staff conveniently pretend this guy doesn't exist. From the 14-15 season his field goal % is up & his shot selection is hugely improved. What did the Cornell tell us? "Great player who inexplicably jacks 3s". His #s are up while his minutes are down.

Which brings me to

4. "We can't fire KO let's fire an assistant"

Ok, let's stretch reality and say there is a unknown universe with a backward planet where it's acceptable to axe a coaches staff out from under him. Sigh.

Connecticut has, top to bottom, a great staff. Read the defensive #s,Who do you think scouts for this team? Do you like their recruiting so far? That's called a "team effort".

5. "KO hasn't earned a paycheck in 1.5 years"

It's amazing to me that you'll begin your evaluation of KO as a coach at the moment you forget he won a NC, then you'll ignore that while he was hamstrung with a post season ban he filled in the resulting scholly holes with the best transfers available, you probably own a Uconn jersey in either 15, 13, 11 or 42, but you refuse to cut this guy slack for not winning close games even though there is not a single PG as a result of said post season ban.

While staying relevant with a cobbled together team this guy is building a roster which should have you excited.

"But subs, but late game play calling, but pick & roll, but papers on the floor!"

My main chriticism of the KO hiring was that he lacked experience but he really did hit the ground running thanks, in large part (at least) to, the support structure some dimwits want to hack out from beneath him.

I would hope that he'll improve as he gains experience, I would expect him to listen, learn & apply. Hopefully after some experience he wouldn't be out coached by Larry Brown but due to the fact he's a cherry I have to forgive him for it. One thing I can say with 100% certainty is you guys throwing out your personal opinions on lineups are not using the same information to form these opinions as KO. So while its maybe fun to throw that stuff out there it's kind of ridiculous to use it as a basis to call for a member of staff to be replaced.

KO is a dog, funny how some of you have like, 6 toes in at this point.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
1. "KO better figure out this Jalen doghouse situation..."

Jalen is in advanced leadership school, this is why he came here. Win championships & be a lottery pick. Chill, it's going to be fine.

2. "Sterling's selfishness is..."

I'm not sure where this meme came from but please stop pulling mean garbage out of your butt & throwing it at this kid. He's being asked to play a different role than at any point in his basketball career. I wish he were a better pg, that doesn't make him selfish it makes me selfish. If Sterling were off ball getting 10 shots a game you all would love him.

3. "Will you get a bigs coach already...all we have are guards on staff..."

So a former guard can't be a well rounded basketball coach, eh? This is what you're telling me, and worse you're using our bigs to make your case. 10 totals says you're out of your mind.

51, 57, 42, 62, 57, 41, 57, 67, 58, 73

Amida & Phil are both playing well & if you see some untapped potential there I don't know what you're looking at. Phil plays above his level because he's a smart kid who's well coached.
Kentan is a 4 year project with huge upside who's sitting behind a stud, I seriously doubt the staff is going to swing & miss with this kid, but some players take longer to believe in themselves which is where Kentan seems to be. I think his senior year will be solid.

Speaking of Shonn critics of the coaching staff conveniently pretend this guy doesn't exist. From the 14-15 season his field goal % is up & his shot selection is hugely improved. What did the Cornell tell us? "Great player who inexplicably jacks 3s". His #s are up while his minutes are down.

Which brings me to

4. "We can't fire KO let's fire an assistant"

Ok, let's stretch reality and say there is a unknown universe with a backward planet where it's acceptable to axe a coaches staff out from under him. Sigh.

Connecticut has, top to bottom, a great staff. Read the defensive #s,Who do you think scouts for this team? Do you like their recruiting so far? That's called a "team effort".

5. "KO hasn't earned a paycheck in 1.5 years"

It's amazing to me that you'll begin your evaluation of KO as a coach at the moment you forget he won a NC, then you'll ignore that while he was hamstrung with a post season ban he filled in the resulting scholly holes with the best transfers available, you probably own a Uconn jersey in either 15, 13, 11 or 42, but you refuse to cut this guy slack for not winning close games even though there is not a single PG as a result of said post season ban.

While staying relevant with a cobbled together team this guy is building a roster which should have you excited.

"But subs, but late game play calling, but pick & roll, but papers on the floor!"

My main chriticism of the KO hiring was that he lacked experience but he really did hit the ground running thanks, in large part (at least) to, the support structure some dimwits want to hack out from beneath him.

I would hope that he'll improve as he gains experience, I would expect him to listen, learn & apply. Hopefully after some experience he wouldn't be out coached by Larry Brown but due to the fact he's a cherry I have to forgive him for it. One thing I can say with 100% certainty is you guys throwing out your personal opinions on lineups are not using the same information to form these opinions as KO. So while its maybe fun to throw that stuff out there it's kind of ridiculous to use it as a basis to call for a member of staff to be replaced.

KO is a dog, funny how some of you have like, 6 toes in at this point.
You are not on point with number 2 . Sterlings " selfishness " reputation around here lately is not due to him being asked to play "out of position" in the half court.

It is due to his unwillingness to give up the ball on the break.

I have a problem with him in that area, but I would also say the term " selfish" would be too hard on the kid.

He needs to give it up more than he does in break situations. Let's leave it at that.

Reaction Score
You are not on point with number 2 . Sterlings " selfishness " reputation around here lately is not due to him being asked to play "out of position" in the half court.

I have a problem with him in that area, but I would also say the term " selfish" would be too hard on the kid.

He needs to give it up more than he does in break situations. Let's leave it at that.
There is a reason he has the ball on the break.

Lacking court vision does not a selfish player make.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

But it's not surprising. He spent the 3 years prior being the guy who shouldn't give the ball up on the break.

Bad habits are harder to break as you get older as a player. c'est la vie.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The original post was quite lengthy, so for those with short attention spans, allow me paraphrase: "There are no issues with our team. Everyone besides me is wrong in their assessments of our team." OK then....

Reaction Score

I agree 100% about his unwillingness to give it up on the break, but at the same time I almost can't blame the kid. Look at who he would be giving it up to. There's a plethora of guys on this team who can't handle a pass and/or can't finish at the rim.

Reaction Score
The original post was quite lengthy, so for those with short attention spans, allow me paraphrase: "There are no issues with our team. Everyone besides me is wrong in their assessments of our team." OK then....
A lot of people agree with his assessment and do not agree with the vocal minority who rant and rave after losses about how we suck, we deserve the NIT, we are irrelevant, and that everyone needs to be fired.

Believe it or not there is a large amount of rationale and perspective posters on the board who do not view 1 loss as a sign the team and coaches suck, they are just drowned out after losses by the angry irrational crowd.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A lot of people agree with his assessment and do not agree with the vocal minority who rant and rave after losses about how we suck, we deserve the NIT, we are irrelevant, and that everyone needs to be fired.

I agree with this. I understand the need to vent after a tough one, but what good does belaboring the point ad nauseam do? That's no fun. Get it out of your system, keep calm and carry on.

Reaction Score
We are lucky to have KO! New class coming in is loaded with weapons and talent. Hamilton would be wise to stay another year and play with all this young talent around him. Adams will benefit immensely with another talented PG with him. This class with returnees may have the skills and heart to play UConn old school press and fast break basketball that made them such a joy to watch. I will be watching and caring.

Reaction Score
The New and Improved Boneyard:

6a00d83451b96069e20147e05ad2b5970b-pi

Reaction Score
We are lucky to have KO! New class coming in is loaded with weapons and talent. Hamilton would be wise to stay another year and play with all this young talent around him. Adams will benefit immensely with another talented PG with him. This class with returnees may have the skills and heart to play UConn old school press and fast break basketball that made them such a joy to watch. I will be watching and caring.
DHam is not ready to leave yet. I am sure KO would tell him the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom