re: coaches | The Boneyard

re: coaches

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone saw, but apparently finalists for one of the national coach of the year awards was announced today.

5 from the PAC, 2 B1G, 2 ACC, 1 Big 12 and 1 SEC plus 4 - UConn, DePaul, Gonzaga and I think South Dakota maybe? I didn't see the article, someone read it to me and summarized.

As always, the mix of "won a lot", "up and coming" and "did more with less". Interesting grouping. The PAC continues to amaze.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw the list. I'm a big Scott Rueck fan, but it's fairly ridiculous he's on this list based on the season OSU is having.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I saw the list. I'm a big Scott Rueck fan, but it's fairly ridiculous he's on this list based on the season OSU is having.
OTOH, if one aspect of coaching is advocating for your players, he basically single-handedly got Pivec added to the finalist list for the Senior CLASS Award. So there's that. ;)

Reaction Score
OTOH, if one aspect of coaching is advocating for your players, he basically single-handedly got Pivec added to the finalist list for the Senior CLASS Award. So there's that. ;)
I would rather have a few more wins than having a player nominated for that award. And so would Rueck.

While Tara wouldn't get my vote for PAC-12 COY over Barnes, she would be my pick for national COY if her team does well in the NCAA tourney. I don't know when the actual announcement for national COY is made. Tara has done a marvelous job with a youthful team and the three starters who have been sidelined for significant portions of this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone saw, but apparently finalists for one of the national coach of the year awards was announced today.

5 from the PAC, 2 B1G, 2 ACC, 1 Big 12 and 1 SEC plus 4 - UConn, DePaul, Gonzaga and I think South Dakota maybe? I didn't see the article, someone read it to me and summarized.

As always, the mix of "won a lot", "up and coming" and "did more with less". Interesting grouping. The PAC continues to amaze.

Reaction Score
I think it is recycled story from a few years ago, but pretty neat that Staley could be the first player/coach Naismith winner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom