RB Poll Question

Should Ryan Boatright be inducted into the Huskies of Honor

• Yes

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 39.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I know important people check in to the boneyard so maybe we could sway the decision makers

Reaction Score
“Tapped into the hands of Boatright” are legendary words in my Husky memory bank. He was so critical in that run and he did it on both ends. Huge shots when needed them and stifling defense nonstop. I can see him being there, not for just his talent, but for his heart, loyalty, toughness and his continued support under Hurley. He’s a true Husky. If the some of the old guard want to hold a grudge about KO, let’s put someone up there that doesn’t.

Reaction Score
Putting Ryan Boatright in the Huskies of Honor would make sense for lots of reasons. HE is the type of guy we need supporting the program more than ever. He is a Champion and a relentless competitor. My favorite Husky of all time. I would be thrilled to see his jersey hanging among the other greats.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I was ready to go with Derrick Henry before I opened the thread.

Reaction Score
It’s tuff. I love boat. It’s close. Tipping scale cud be his incredible on the ball D during our tourney run and the fact that him and bazz came back after the sanctions were handed down by the nazi police- I mean - NCAA. Tuff call. I’d say just on outside looking in. Love boat tho. I also thought we were talking top running backs. What else wud One think when they see “RBs”??

Reaction Score
Great player and person. Not huskies of honor great
I think it's close but he belongs. He was a major contributor all 4 years, he averaged 30 minutes and 10 points as a Freshman....that's outstanding and he only got better from there. I think if you look back at UConn history it's pretty rare to find any 4 year player that was as key to the program from day 1 as Boat was.

Obviously Bazz was a key all 4 years and the NBA ready Uconn guys left after 2 or 3 years but there should be a spot for Boat and his 4 years of excellence.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you put in Boatright one could argue for AJ Price, Marcus Williams, Rashad Anderson, Denham Brown...

I love him but I’m not sure he’s up there with the true greats of this program.

most programs don’t have these types of “problems!”

Reaction Score
If you put in Boatright one could argue for AJ Price, Marcus Williams, Rashad Anderson, Denham Brown...
With all due respect love the players but Marcus had 1 really good year, Anderson & Brown were really solid but more role players on mostly stacked teams. Price had 3 good/great years so he's very close to Boat's impact.

Maybe Boat is just short of being an "all-time" honoree for a program like UConn but he's close IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I love him but I’m not sure he’s up there with the true greats of this program.

most programs don’t have these types of “problems!”

Sorry but no. I love every player you named but none had the impact on the program that Boat had. Marcus Williams as someone said had 1 great year. Rashad was one dimensional (but still great). Denham Brown was a great teammate and role player but was never more than the 4th scoring option. AJ Price is the closest to most deserving of the players that you named. Boat played a big role his freshman year, had a fantastic year to carry us through the postseason ban, was monumental in the 2014 NC, and then was the go to man his senior year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Surprised how many no votes but I'm sure one of them came from the person who also didn't give Jeter his/her vote for the HOF:)

Reaction Score
Boat was a really good player and contributed to a championship. BUT being a really good player and contributor falls short of being up on that wall IMO.. He deserves a ton of credit but the wall is for all-time greats. And he was not a Uconn all-time great.

When he graduated everyone was going to miss him, but nobody was like there goes a Uconn great..

Smith, Donyell,Ray,Rip, Kalid, Butler, Okafor, Kemba and Bazz were a whole other level than Boatright. That’s the level that gets ya on the wall.

Lets be real.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom