RB Poll Question

Should Ryan Boatright be inducted into the Huskies of Honor

• Yes

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 39.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Boat was a really good player and contributed to a championship. BUT being a really good player and contributor falls short of being up on that wall IMO.. He deserves a ton of credit but the wall is for all-time greats. And he was not a Uconn all-time great.

When he graduated everyone was going to miss him, but nobody was like there goes a Uconn great..

Smith, Donyell,Ray,Rip, Kalid, Butler, Okafor, Kemba and Bazz were a whole other level than Boatright. That’s the level that gets ya on the wall.

Lets be real.

I’d argue that after the list you gave that Boatright is next most deserving. No he isn’t on the same level as those guys but he’s just below them. Are we really saying that Rudy Gay had a bigger impact on the program than Boat?

Reaction Score
I’d argue that after the list you gave that Boatright is next most deserving. No he isn’t on the same level as those guys but he’s just below them. Are we really saying that Rudy Gay had a bigger impact on the program than Boat?

Boat was at best a Robin to Bazz’s Batman. And a extremely good on the ball defender. Not Quite as good as Ricky though.

Rudy compared to Boat... why because Boat won a Championship?
Well Ray,Smith, Donyell and Butler did not win one either.. Rudy was 2x the player Boat was.

Boat was a real good player but the only year he was the best player on the team they got bounced in the first round of the NIT.

Boat is in the next tier down in my opinion. With Rash, AJ, Donnie, Sellers and Ricky. Etc

Reaction Score
Rudy compared to Boat... why because Boat won a Championship?
Well Ray,Smith, Donyell and Butler did not win one either.. Rudy was 2x the player Boat was.

Boat was a real good player but the only year he was the best player on the team they got bounced in the first round of the NIT.

Boat is in the next tier down in my opinion. With Rash, AJ, Donnie, Sellers and Ricky. Etc
The 2015 NIT bounce team was an empty roster...team lost Bazz, Daniels, Giffey, Kromah, Olander. Boat had a freshman Hamilton, Purvis, Brimah, Calhoun, Facey....Boat was a stud but not a miracle worker.

I give Boat consideration not just because of a title but because he was a major contributor all 4 years.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom