RB Ja’kevious Vickers to Transfer? | The Boneyard

RB Ja’kevious Vickers to Transfer?

Reaction Score
Looks like another will look to play elsewhere. Twitter message suggests he is leaving

Reaction Score
can't say it wasn't expected. We really need another back on the roster. Grad transfer or new recruit.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
can't say it wasn't expected. We really need another back on the roster. Grad transfer or new recruit.

Agreed. We're paper thin there. What do we have now, two scholarship backs with him transferring and Newsome and Thompson graduating? Also no RB commits as of yet...

Reaction Score
14 Nights‏ @T_Herring005 2h2 hours ago

Only the beginning Brodie
1f64f-1f3fe.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just rewatched his senior hudl tape. Looked decent, able to find the hole and burst through, didn’t have a great juke ability. Back then he claimed 4.33 speed.

I wonder if he dogged it this season on purpose to save his body for next season. Anyways.... moving on.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just rewatched his senior hudl tape. Looked decent, able to find the hole and burst through, didn’t have a great juke ability. Back then he claimed 4.33 speed.

I wonder if he dogged it this season on purpose to save his body for next season. Anyways.... moving on.

Didn't @JMick have a theory about that tape being somehow doctored? Apologies if I'm mis-remembering.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Didn't @JMick have a theory about that tape being somehow doctored? Apologies if I'm mis-remembering.
It does look sped up 5%. But I notice that about a lot of videos earlier this year, albeit fewer of late.

So down to three scholarship RBs on the roster and just one coming in. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity for someone.

Reaction Score
It does look sped up 5%. But I notice that about a lot of videos earlier this year, albeit fewer of late.

So down to three scholarship RBs on the roster and just one coming in. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity for someone.

I can see one of the unsuccessful dbs being moved to rb.

Reaction Score
it's sped up, the camera is really bad, or there were issues when uploading the video. I'm not a video expert but it just doesn't look right

Reaction Score
it's sped up, the camera is really bad, or there were issues when uploading the video. I'm not a video expert but it just doesn't look right

This makes a lot sense now. Looks like Dion Lewis on that tape and couldn't see the field here.

Reaction Score
This makes a lot sense now. Looks like Dion Lewis on that tape and couldn't see the field here.
you can really notice it in the jump cuts. if his cuts were that good he'd be a star

Reaction Score
you can really notice it in the jump cuts. if his cuts were that good he'd be a star
I had no idea highlight tapes could be doctored like that, but it's one thing to fool message board fans. It's another to fool an FBS staff.

Reaction Score
So the working premise here is he was offered only on a school/family produced Hudl and nobody on staff saw him on a field in Texas in person?
I thought he was from Florida.

I'm just shocked with that film that kid could not get any reps on here. Not kickoff return or anything.

Reaction Score

If that isn't sped up I don't know what is. The safety that dropped down would have to run a 3.3 to get that position

Reaction Score
You’re 100% right... brain lock on my part. (So nobody saw him play on a field in Texas OR Florida? ;)).
I was going to correct the Location misstep, but I also agree with you that I am sure plenty of coaches saw him on field in person. There is no chance any coach can go off of one scouting highlight video for any in country recruit. I can understand it for a prospect over seas, but Vickers was definitely in contact and had been seen by a full staff member viewing or not.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I thought he was from Florida.

I'm just shocked with that film that kid could not get any reps on here. Not kickoff return or anything.

I watched him closely at spring practice and it was startling how slow he was. Was by far the worst back out there

Reaction Score
I was going to correct the Location misstep, but I also agree with you that I am sure plenty of coaches saw him on field in person. There is no chance any coach can go off of one scouting highlight video for any in country recruit. I can understand it for a prospect over seas, but Vickers was definitely in contact and had been seen by a full staff member viewing or not.
I'll say this I don't remember the year, but when Miami began their decline following Butch Davis leaving their coaches were caught recruiting straight from the Rivals 100 list. They weren't going out and scouting. At least that was the story that was told.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So any other theories why this kid could not get on the field?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom