Ray Allen's #34 to be retired | The Boneyard

Ray Allen's #34 to be retired

Reaction Score
Interesting. Are we going to turn into the Yankees? If Ray got his number retired then guys like Kemba and Okafor deserve it as well.

I love getting reminded of stats like this...

UConn's record during Allen's three years was an amazing 89-13 (.873) and in the Big East, it was an even better 49-5 (.907), and included three Big East regular-season titles.

Just insane. Only lost five games in three years in the toughest conference in America.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not really in favor of retiring numbers - we already have a way of honoring former players - but if they’re going to do it, I think sticking to the Hall of Fame is a good place to start and stop.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Hasheem Thabeet stinks, then why is his jersey # getting retired?

I saw that on the other thread and spit out my espresso. Dude was one of, if not the most intimidating defensive centers in MCBB history. His entire presence changed the game. Whole teams would turn into jump shooters after one drive to the bucket. Brings to mind the old Mike Tyson quote: Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Belichick likes to take away one thing the other team does best, forcing them to play differently. Well, HTA forced the other team to play a completely different style of basketball, all by himself.

The TWO time DPOY stinks I guess.

Reaction Score
I think that Walker, Okafor, Rip Hamilton, Chris Smith, Ben Gordon, Thabeet should all get their numbers retired, but I’m not in charge

Reaction Score
I think that Walker, Okafor, Rip Hamilton, Chris Smith, Ben Gordon, Thabeet should all get their numbers retired, but I’m not in charge
Should be reserved for Hall of Fame players IMO. W the exception being Kemba if he doesn’t make it.

Reaction Score
David Borges @DaveBorges 10 minutes ago
Lobo's No. 50 will be retired on March 2 when UConn hosts Houston. Allen's will be on March 3 when Huskies host USF. UConn not sure if ceremonies will be pregame, postgame or halftime. (Oh, and No. 50 will still be available to men's players, No. 34 still available for women).

Reaction Score
I you retire those than you surely would have to retire numbers of guy like Kimball, Wes and Hanson. With only 37 numbers available (soon to be 36), if they start retiring numbers that liberally we would be out of numbers in no time.

Reaction Score
No one will ever again be allowed to don National Champion Souleymane Wane's number ever again. What an honor.

Thank you for reminding all of us how badly I butchered the spelling of my handle's namesake.

More importantly thank you for remembering "me."

Reaction Score
I you retire those than you surely would have to retire numbers of guy like Kimball, Wes and Hanson. With only 37 numbers available (soon to be 36), if they start retiring numbers that liberally we would be out of numbers in no time.
that’s true. I would like to just see Kembas and Rips retired then

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Will be awkward when Drummond gets in the HOF but isn’t even in the Huskies of Honor...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The jersey retirement seems like overkill when we already have Huskies of honor.

Reaction Score
UConn legend + NBA hall of fame = number retired. I can get behind that. Don’t want to start throwing out number retirements too easily though.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’m surprised it’s not already retired! Also, Hate me all you want but Shabazz is more deserving. Played a major role in 2 national titles and stuck with us when few others did through some dark times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom