Ray Allen | The Boneyard

Ray Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doc Rivers says:

“He is the most professional player in the history of the NBA,’’ Rivers said. “They should make a documentary for the rookies. They should follow Ray Allen, who does everything right. How to eat. How to talk. How to practice. They should show it to every rookie 10 times before he has one practice. There is no better pro ever to play the game.’’

They should post that quote in the locker room at Gampel.

Reaction Score
I've never been a big fan of Doc Rivers but that's an awesome quote. Ray is the best possible representative of our program.

Reaction Score
Ray is my favorite NBA player, Kemba after his first game will likely be my second

Reaction Score
Ray Allen is the epitome of class in an athlete. When I used to run into him in bars in Hartford, he would talk to me like an old friend when I approached. Furthermore, several months after having a gin and tonic with him (if I remember right, that's what he liked), I saw him outside Bourbon Street and he said hi and called me by name.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Doc Rivers says:

“He is the most professional player in the history of the NBA,’’ Rivers said. “They should make a documentary for the rookies. They should follow Ray Allen, who does everything right. How to eat. How to talk. How to practice. They should show it to every rookie 10 times before he has one practice. There is no better pro ever to play the game.’’

They should post that quote in the locker room at Gampel.

That is some high praise, indeed. Well deserved.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
High praise from someone who I thought was a pretty good pro himself!

Reaction Score
Actually coming from Doc, that's strong praise. Is there a link?

Reaction Score
High praise from doc who was class in his own right. Ray is very unpublicized nationwide as an icon IMO.

Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is you spend to much time idolizing self absorbed millionaire athletes. Ray Allen is no different. Sure he had a good UConn career as well as a great NBA career but he has imbecilic character traits. He is just another decent guy with a big ego and nominal brain power. Acquaintances on Balfour Drive at the time were sick of his mother Flora's untrained dogs being left outside all night to bark incessantly. So what does Ray do? He gives Johnnie C a call to defend his ignorant mother who apparently does not understand what constitutes a nuisance. I wouldn't expect Ray to either and he didn't. Why would you hire a company to determine how much noise dogs make that are outside at 2 in the morning barking vociferously? The dogs clearly amounted to an unlawful interference with the quiet use and enjoyment of the neighbors property and the judge ordered the dogs inside at night. Unless you have had a neighbor like this you really don't understand how ignorant and self absorbed these people are.

Emeka Okafor is the man. He represents true class and intelligence. EOM

Reaction Score
Ray Allen is the epitome of class in an athlete. When I used to run into him in bars in Hartford, he would talk to me like an old friend when I approached. Furthermore, several months after having a gin and tonic with him (if I remember right, that's what he liked), I saw him outside Bourbon Street and he said hi and called me by name.
I thought Ray never drank. Pretty sure Ive read that before. Pretty cool how he would talk to you tho. Ray is the man.

Reaction Score
dogs make that are outside at 2 in the morning barking vociferously? The dogs clearly amounted to an unlawful interference with the quiet use and enjoyment of the neighbors property and the judge ordered the dogs inside at night.

Once had neighbors whose dogs barked through the night when the wind blew on the leaves or when squirrels were being squirrels. Honestly did you ever think about poisoning the dogs? I did many of times.

Reaction Score
..and if they watch the video they have to go to UConn:cool:

Reaction Score
Once had neighbors whose dogs barked through the night when the wind blew on the leaves or when squirrels were being squirrels. Honestly did you ever think about poisoning the dogs? I did many of times.
This dog reminds me of 1 of the dogs Flora used to own http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDYPBHGz9pk What is the old saying... dogs don't really make good gifts. The owner should make the purchase themselves not the imbecilic son despite his good intentions. Rotties are great when in the right hands. Flora didn't want them in her little house at night and at 2 in the morning. Rotties bond closely to their owners. She is ignorant like her son. F'em both. :D

I do enjoy this little place in the city though on the Upper East Side on occasion...

http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/barking-dog03/

or donate to:

http://www.bideawee.org/

JMHO of course...

Reaction Score
That's an excellent quote about Ray Allen, but my favorite one is still the one from the dude who told me he'd never even heard of CT until Ray played ball there.

Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is you spend to much time idolizing self absorbed millionaire athletes. Ray Allen is no different. Sure he had a good UConn career as well as a great NBA career but he has imbecilic character traits. He is just another decent guy with a big ego and nominal brain power. Acquaintances on Balfour Drive at the time were sick of his mother Flora's untrained dogs being left outside all night to bark incessantly. So what does Ray do? He gives Johnnie C a call to defend his ignorant mother who apparently does not understand what constitutes a nuisance. I wouldn't expect Ray to either and he didn't. Why would you hire a company to determine how much noise dogs make that are outside at 2 in the morning barking vociferously? The dogs clearly amounted to an unlawful interference with the quiet use and enjoyment of the neighbors property and the judge ordered the dogs inside at night. Unless you have had a neighbor like this you really don't understand how ignorant and self absorbed these people are.

Emeka Okafor is the man. He represents true class and intelligence. EOM

ThuGoost?

Anyways, thanks for hijacking and ruining this thread!

Reaction Score
Just giving you the facts bro. No need to be a hater. :D

What facts? His mother's dogs barked so that makes him an imbecile with nominal brain power? There is a hater in this thread and it's your dumb@ss.

Reaction Score
What facts? His mother's dogs barked so that makes him an imbecile with nominal brain power? There is a hater in this thread and it's your dumb@ss.
The adult literacy hotline # is 1-800-321-9511. I did you the favor and looked it up for you. Learn to comprehend or learn something about responsible pet ownership. There was speculation of animal abuse in this case also. In theory Flora aided by her mindless son were committing a criminal wrong in the form of a public nuisance. I'll stop there. Respond back after you call the literacy hotline.

Reaction Score
I thought Ray never drank. Pretty sure Ive read that before. Pretty cool how he would talk to you tho. Ray is the man.

Ray may not drink now, but he had a drink or two then. I never saw him drunk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom