Ray Allen Skips Jury Duty | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Skips Jury Duty

Reaction Score
Judge lectured Ray and issued a $1,000 fine for failing to appear for jury duty.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Allen’s attorney, William McCue, issued an apology on behalf of the 10-time NBA All-Star, saying his absence at the trial “was a complete misunderstanding.”

Yep, the judge expected Ray to show up to serve as a jury, particularly after the judge moved the trial date specifically to accommodate Ray’s schedule.

I get that this is Ray, but it was a pretty jerky thing to do. That said he probably considers that thousand dollars extraordinarily well spent, actually I’m sure he doesn’t think about it at all.

Reaction Score
If it was an average citizen, they would have ignored it.
No way. Due to a mix up, I missed a day of jury duty when I hadn't even been picked for a trial yet. I called the same day and was told under no uncertain terms that if I didn't show up for the rescheduled date, I would be in trouble. Ray missed an actual trial and then didn't respond when the court called. If anything, he got off easy.

Reaction Score
Sleep Yawn GIF

Reaction Score
I've always wanted to picked for jury duty, got called, and then was excused in part because I post on this board
Did this have anything to do with Chief's gag order?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom