Ray Allen Opening up a Fast Food Joint | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Opening up a Fast Food Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ray Ray opening up a organic fast food restaurant in Miami, not sure if pizza is on the menu: Linky

C-cgkCtvYsG_OtFe1or5fdSVSsHKJhFWcPlyxALhkqnBtrbyCU0AjcQmJEaNH1620KhR=s170

Reaction Score
Speaking of fast food joints apparently Caron Butler worked at a Burger King as a kid and now owns 6 of them.

Reaction Score
Speaking of fast food joints apparently Caron Butler worked at a Burger King as a kid and now owns 6 of them.
Much safer investment along with McDs and perhaps car dealerships (linky). I bet Ray could sell more cars than burgers.

Reaction Score
I like this concept a lot - locally sourced, organic ingredients yet it looks like everything he is offering will be somewhat affordable. Like any business venture, the first question I have to ask is how long will it take to turn a profit?

Reaction Score
Owning franchised joints is ok. Trying to do your own spot, not ok. You go and find some restaurant people, and let them open a joint with your name on it. You own maybe 5%, and you get paid for the use of your name. You help with the advertising, and you pop into the joint on a fairly regular basis. Players no longer need to try to invest in risky ventures after retirement. Make safe investments with the money you've earned, and then, make sure you don't try to live above the level of your income. No player in any of the major sports who makes it to a second contract should ever end up broke. The biggest key to keeping the wealth is learning to use a simple two letter word, NO!

Reaction Score
Owning franchised joints is ok. Trying to do your own spot, not ok. You go and find some restaurant people, and let them open a joint with your name on it. You own maybe 5%, and you get paid for the use of your name. You help with the advertising, and you pop into the joint on a fairly regular basis. Players no longer need to try to invest in risky ventures after retirement. Make safe investments with the money you've earned, and then, make sure you don't try to live above the level of your income. No player in any of the major sports who makes it to a second contract should ever end up broke. The biggest key to keeping the wealth is learning to use a simple two letter word, NO!

Great speech but it doesn't have much to do with the story, which couldn't be more unambiguous about his motivations for taking on this particular project.

Reaction Score
Great speech but it doesn't have much to do with the story, which couldn't be more unambiguous about his motivations for taking on this particular project.
Hey, if he's willing to do this, and maybe lose money, more power to him. As an investment, I wouldn't touch it. Good luck to him. His 3 vs the Spurs is a very pleasant memory for me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Doesn't sound like he's doing it to get rich. Good for Ray. Need more places like this.

First thing I was going to post before I opened this was 'Ray Allen and Fast Food are mutual exclusives'. It makes more sense now.

Reaction Score
Ray has made a ton of money in his career and I'm sure has invested wisely, he was one of the first guy's working out his own contract without an agent. He's not somebody who is going to blow his money. Caron owns several Burger Kings but the real franchise king is Junior Bridgeman, he owns the most Wendy's in the country and is reportedly worth like 300-400 million.

Reaction Score
Much safer investment along with McDs and perhaps car dealerships (linky). I bet Ray could sell more cars than burgers.
Well Ray while at UConn worked Summer's for a friend in Willimantic selling cars! Champagne Chevrolet. So he has experience in the field!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I guess he can have it "his way" That was Burger King wasn't it ?

Reaction Score
Ray didn't do his research though. South FL is too hot and humid to grow plants like lettuce, microgreens, etc.

I worked for a south fl organic farm startup with aquaculture and experienced it first hand.

Great idea for CT. Easier to heat a green house than cool one.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ray has made a ton of money in his career and I'm sure has invested wisely, he was one of the first guy's working out his own contract without an agent. He's not somebody who is going to blow his money. Caron owns several Burger Kings but the real franchise king is Junior Bridgeman, he owns the most Wendy's in the country and is reportedly worth like 300-400 million.

Don't forget Jamal Mashburn. Two auto dealerships in Kentucky, (one Toyota, one Lexus) plus 28 Outback Steakhouses, 32 Papa John’s pizza restaurants and three Dunkin Donuts franchises. Diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom