2023 Recruiting: - OT: Ray Allen III (No UConn Offer Yet) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: OT: Ray Allen III (No UConn Offer Yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
does Ray have a “fractured” relationship with UConn? Last I heard he was talking about how he was excited about UConn going back to the BE. Either way, I wouldn’t worry about whether or not UConn has offered a 2023 recruit or not.

Ray is no longer listed on the Foundation BOD

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I remember a video of ray and his sons playing. His younger son with the blonde hair was thought to be the more serious player. Not sure their names.
They're both named Ray.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If he’s a good as Hurley’s son, he should be offered. With a realistic understanding of PT, of course. And both of them should be paying tuition if they’re not legit.
Andrew receives free tuition as the child of a “professor” (member of the professor union). Unsure if room and board is covered.

Reaction Score
Andrew receives free tuition as the child of a “professor” (member of the professor union). Unsure if room and board is covered.

Any idea if that is true for spouses by chance? Would save me a hell of a lot of money when I start my 6th-year next year.

Reaction Score
I am not on-board with adding someone just for name sake. In addition the kid needs to go where he can get some playing time. If he's good enough for Uconn great! If he is not, we don't need Ray complaining about his son not playing and damaging things between he and the school even more. Ijs

Reaction Score
notice the early 1990s fashion attire. he looks like the fresh prince of bel air
In all seriousness, Ray's son looks a lot like Patrick Mahomes.

Reaction Score
Any idea if that is true for spouses by chance? Would save me a hell of a lot of money when I start my 6th-year next year.

I’m pretty sure the “professor” has to be employed for 5 years by UCONN but it may vary by Union.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The kid is a sophomore and getting D1 offers, so he's probably pretty good. Here's 30 seconds of Walter Ray Allen III:

Evidently hits a big shot turn around 3 from the corner. If everyone didn't know who they were going to run the play for at least the photog knew what was going on.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Here's 2:30 highlights of Ray Ray. Tell me is that his daddy's J form or not?

Reaction Score
The kid is a sophomore and getting D1 offers, so he's probably pretty good. Here's 30 seconds of Walter Ray Allen III:

Evidently hits a big shot turn around 3 from the corner. If everyone didn't know who they were going to run the play for at least the photog knew what was going on.

This doesn't exactly scream high major D1 prospect though...

Reaction Score
Is this really his son? He looks exactly like Ray.
As far as coming to Uconn, I think being Ray's son would naturally come with high expectations that may not be fair or realistic for the young man specially if he comes to Uconn. It makes me think of when Marcus Jordan was choosing a school and wonder if he chose UNC instead of UCF and followed his dads legacy, the expectations would have been almost to lofty for anyone to meet & a massive burden for any young man.
The girl with the 90s perm should be a dead giveaway that its not his son.

Reaction Score
Does Ray’s kid want to play for UConn? That might be an important consideration.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So we've got years of BY threads to look forward to 'bout this, that's for sure.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, I never said he had to come here, just can’t go to RU or UMass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom