2023 Recruiting: - OT: Ray Allen III (No UConn Offer Yet) | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: OT: Ray Allen III (No UConn Offer Yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he's getting offers from UMASS and Rutgers it seems like he's good enough for a UCONN offer. Or certainly on the bubble. I mean, it's not an El Amin junior situation. I think El Amin junior only received small school offers.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If he's getting offers from UMASS and Rutgers it seems like he's good enough for a UCONN offer. Or certainly on the bubble. I mean, it's not an El Amin junior situation. I think El Amin junior only received small school offers.
We should offer everybody UMass and Rutgers are willing to offer?

It was be amazing to have him on the squad if he is in fact good enough to be a piece in Hurleys vision but we are not in a position to offer scholarships for the sake of feel good stories... nor should we ever really

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If he ends up at either of those schools the already fractured relationship between Ray and the school is done.

Reaction Score
He must be getting a lot better rapidly, which isn’t surprising because it seems like Ray has been working really hard with his kids during the pandemic. Probably hitting a growth spurt too.
But as far as I know, he wasn’t really thought of as any type of D1 prospect during his first year of high school.

Reaction Score

It was be amazing to have him on the squad if he is in fact good enough to be a piece in Hurleys vision but we are not in a position to offer scholarships for the sake of feel good stories... nor should we ever really
I make him an offer if he can play at our level. Even if we aren't in dire need at his position. Obviously it's not my decision

Reaction Score
If he ends up at either of those schools the already fractured relationship between Ray and the school is done.
does Ray have a “fractured” relationship with UConn? Last I heard he was talking about how he was excited about UConn going back to the BE. Either way, I wouldn’t worry about whether or not UConn has offered a 2023 recruit or not.

Reaction Score
does Ray have a “fractured” relationship with UConn? Last I heard he was talking about how he was excited about UConn going back to the BE. Either way, I wouldn’t worry about whether or not UConn has offered a 2023 recruit or not.
He’s also living in CT. I don’t think being upset with how KO was treated necessarily means there is a fractured relationship. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t regularly attending games as soon as that’s possible.

Reaction Score
I remember a video of ray and his sons playing. His younger son with the blonde hair was thought to be the more serious player. Not sure their names.

Reaction Score
I'd keep a very close eye on him, which I fully believe the staff absolutely do, and offer him if he is a legit high D1 player. I bet he would be a solid rotation guard at the very least. Rutgers offer is especially impressive in that its high D1.
Anyhow, worth closely monitoring for next 2 years.

Reaction Score
I'd keep a very close eye on him, which I fully believe the staff absolutely do, and offer him if he is a legit high D1 player. I bet he would be a solid rotation guard at the very least. Rutgers offer is especially impressive in that its high D1.
Anyhow, worth closely monitoring for next 2 years.
If he’s a good as Hurley’s son, he should be offered. With a realistic understanding of PT, of course. And both of them should be paying tuition if they’re not legit.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If he’s a good as Hurley’s son, he should be offered. With a realistic understanding of PT, of course. And both of them should be paying tuition if they’re not legit.
Hurleys son is not on scholarship and will not see the court for any serious time.

Not giving every scholarship to the player that can most help you win is a losing strategy. Again if he fits that framework then it would obviously be hugely exciting for all fans. If not, it's better for everybody to not go down that path. UNC didn't offer Jordan's son and he was a D1 talent. I'm pretty sure they like Jordan down there still.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score

It worked out great with Sam Cassell Jr, tho.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I remember a video of ray and his sons playing. His younger son with the blonde hair was thought to be the more serious player. Not sure their names.

Yeah the young cat looks like he's going to be nice

Reaction Score
It's crazy how much he looks like his dad...
a7b2784986fc95346fa111e6ed8f4fd2.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He’s also living in CT. I don’t think being upset with how KO was treated necessarily means there is a fractured relationship.
No, but his kibitzing about it didn’t help things. Also, if I recall correctly he kind of led the charge on the “shunning “ of UConn by former players. He is of course entitled to his opinion, but it was a little disappointing to me.

Reaction Score
He’s also living in CT. I don’t think being upset with how KO was treated necessarily means there is a fractured relationship. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t regularly attending games as soon as that’s possible.
He lives in Miami in the winter and comes to CT from may-Sept not sure if the current pandemic has changed things this year

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
It's crazy how much he looks like his dad...
View attachment 61612
Is this really his son? He looks exactly like Ray.
As far as coming to Uconn, I think being Ray's son would naturally come with high expectations that may not be fair or realistic for the young man specially if he comes to Uconn. It makes me think of when Marcus Jordan was choosing a school and wonder if he chose UNC instead of UCF and followed his dads legacy, the expectations would have been almost to lofty for anyone to meet & a massive burden for any young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom