Ray Allen Barstool Pizza Review | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Barstool Pizza Review

Reaction Score
Rondo is incredibly petty, but as people on this board have said before, Ray certainly is not innocent.

Are you kidding me? You think he should have given Boston some sort of legacy discount after they dangled him in trades for 2 years? Ridiculous statement.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I love Ray as much as anyone- my all time favorite player.

But why can't he just be honest and say that he went to Miami because he felt he had a better chance to win a championship there? The Celtics didn't give him crumbs, on paper. What was Ray goin on in this video about market value? Lol, Boston offered more money than Miami.

And his role in Miami certainly couldn't have been any bigger than what his role would have been in Boston the next year.

The NBA is a business, and Ray couldn't accept that Ainge (being the shrewd GM that he is) tried to better the team by dangling him as a trade piece, but ultimately decided it was best to keep the Big 3 intact. It's pretty clear that this, and Avery Bradley challenging for Ray's spot was the reason he left. And he felt he could win a championship in Miami.
Not sure why he can't just say all of that.

I'm a Celtics fan, and it was hard to accept at the time. But I get why he did it and have no ill will as a Celtics fan. But he could take some responsibility for how it was handled, and be blatant about the reasons he left.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? You think he should have given Boston some sort of legacy discount after they dangled him in trades for 2 years? Ridiculous statement.
Discount? Boston offered more money....Lol

Reaction Score
What was Ray goin on in this video about market value? Lol, Boston offered more money than Miami.

I think Ray's point is that there were 2 separate decisions.

1) Whether or not to accept Boston's extension offer. Ray felt like he did a lot for the city of Boston, and then they offered him less than he thought he was worth. From 2012:
"It was a business decision and the team put me in the position where we had to move. We had to go. Miami was a better choice for us based on what the team was doing, so it wasn't, don't boo me, boo the team in a sense. Now it's out of my control. ... When this contract situation came down, everybody in my circle - mom, family, brother, sister, friends from college, people who watched me since I was in high school and since I was in college - nobody wanted me to resign in that situation because they thought, ‘There [is] so much left in you and this team isn't taking care of you or treating you right.' That's the way I felt and it was like, if you are going to come and not put out a good contract on the table then, hey, we gotta think about going somewhere else."

Once his decision to leave was made, he then:
2) Assessed the options. I think the video says it was Minnesota and Memphis plus the Heat. Those 2 may have offered salaries above what Boston offered. That could be what he refers to as his market value, or he may just be talking about what he perceived his market value should have been (which is of course not how it works). Either way, he chose Miami (and as you said, the better chance to win and play with great players) than presumably higher contracts elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Well, let's be honest. If he went to Miami and never won anything, it probably would have been forgiven by now. He went and they won and he had one of the biggest shots in modern NBA history. That's why the wound is still open.

Reaction Score
Well, let's be honest. If he went to Miami and never won anything, it probably would have been forgiven by now. He went and they won and he had one of the biggest shots in modern NBA history. That's why the wound is still open.

KG, Pierce, and Rondo are the worst. Such cry babies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom