Raven out for the year | The Boneyard

Raven out for the year

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, South Carolina’s Raven Johnson is out for the year after suffering an undisclosed knee injury. I, for one, will miss seeing her play against UConn this year. Here’s hoping for a full recovery.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, South Carolina’s Raven Johnson is out for the year after suffering an undisclosed knee injury. I, for one, will miss seeing her play against UConn this year. Here’s hoping for a full recovery.
That’s awful hoping for a speedy recovery! She will be back better than before

Reaction Score
(Let me finish that for you)............. when she'll be really needed against UCONN, the NC's of 2022! :D
Still, it would really have been fun to see the #1 recruit (Azzi) on the #2 team (UConn) play the #2 recruit (Raven) on the #1 team (SC), though neither was likely to start or get many minutes in that matchup. Raven will miss that valuable freshman year experience.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Terrible news. A fine young lady and a great young player. From the small sample size I've seen she was conceivably their best passer; as freshman. I was really looking forward to seeing her development as rookie this year. This really hurts their depth at that position. On some YouTube sites I was touting her potential. Now it's wait 'til next year. Hopefully by then she'll show a complete recovery. A shame.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Still, it would really have been fun to see the #1 recruit (Azzi) on the #2 team (UConn) play the #2 recruit (Raven) on the #1 team (SC), though neither was likely to start or get many minutes in that matchup. Raven will miss that valuable freshman year experience.
I believe Azzi will get lots of minutes in that game

Reaction Score
I had that same thought. Any thinking that Azzi won't be a major contributor is delusional.
Agree but it might not happen early in season. Geno tends to be very conservative against big time opponents. Even before Raven’s injury, Azzi was likely to have a better chance of being on the floor than Raven. Unfortunately, that also might say more about SC’s depth against ours than we’d like.

Down the road, I see Caroline as potentially having more impact than Azzi who will still be a great player—they could be the new version of Lou and Pheesa.

Reaction Score
Well, we may still see the #1 recruit (Azzi) on the #2 team (UConn) play the #3recruit (Rivers) on the #1 team (SC), but we probably wont see it in November. Rivers hasn't play yet due to injury/illness and word is that, similar to Azzi, her defense is not quite ready.

Maybe in January.

I hope Raven focuses and obtains a perfect GPA this year while healing.

Reaction Score
Watched the game where she got hurt and it looked REALLY bad and you could hear her screaming through the television, it hurt to hear that. I was actually just watching to see the new improved South Carolina and was looking to seeing the freshmen. She was playing very early in the game when she went down. Cardoso looked pretty good, otherwise it was the same old same old. They can’t shoot to save their lives and while Cardoso looked good, she does hustle, but she scored mostly because she was just a lot bigger than everyone on an overmatched team.

Reaction Score
Agree but it might not happen early in season. Geno tends to be very conservative against big time opponents. Even before Raven’s injury, Azzi was likely to have a better chance of being on the floor than Raven. Unfortunately, that also might say more about SC’s depth against ours than we’d like.

Down the road, I see Caroline as potentially having more impact than Azzi who will still be a great player—they could be the new version of Lou and Pheesa.
Azzi being Lou, Caroline Pheesa, though each has attributes of both.

Reaction Score
This is just devastating news. Raven, many BYers are rooting for your recovery. It’s difficult to process your freshman year ending this way, but work hard in PT, and come back next year with a renewed sense of purpose. You can do it, and your team will help you get through it. Stay strong young lady. Best wishes!

Reaction Score
Feel really bad for the kid. If you watched the game where she got hurt, you knew it was bad but hoped for the best. She was screaming in pain even after the commercial break, never want to see that even from a rival team. Wishing her the best and a fast recovery.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Major bummer for Raven Johnson...hope she's in good spirits and has a 100% recovery. Looking forward to watching her play once she's back up to full speed.

Reaction Score
This is just devastating news. Raven, many BYers are rooting for your recovery. It’s difficult to process your freshman year ending this way, but work hard in PT, and come back next year with a renewed sense of purpose. You can do it, and your team will help you get through it. Stay strong young lady. Best wishes!
On behalf of Raven and her fams, Thank You Boneyarders!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Always sad to hear about any player getting injured. They work so hard to get to where they are and it's got to be tough for them. Hope she works hard during her rehab and does what the Dr.'s tell her and comes back 100%!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom