Ratings? | The Boneyard

Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ratings before the tournament is a waste of time other than the publicity that certain teams get from it and the TV draw it provides.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ratings before the tournament is a waste of time other than the publicity that certain teams get from it and the TV draw it provides.
Keeping score before the end of the game is a waste of time other than people knowing who is ahead/behind and establishing a winner.

Reaction Score
You again.....

Given that it's so difficult to get national networks to televise WCBB, I would think that that's justification enough. Of course, precise ratings aren't important until the seedings, but the fact that two teams can be generally considered "top teams" by various groups (sports writers or coaches) does stimulate audiences.

Reaction Score
You again.....

Given that it's so difficult to get national networks to televise WCBB, I would think that that's justification enough. Of course, precise ratings aren't important until the seedings, but the fact that two teams can be generally considered "top teams" by various groups (sports writers or coaches) does stimulate audiences.
The name of the team, its tradition and coaches reps and brand should suffice to draw the crowds. And yes it is ME again. And why are you holding up a ball with 117-90 on it - 77%. In my classroom rating system that is a C

Reaction Score
The name of the team, its tradition and coaches reps and brand should suffice to draw the crowds. And yes it is ME again. And why are you holding up a ball with 117-90 on it - 77%. In my classroom rating system that is a C
Both these statements show just how profoundly ignorant you are about basketball and its traditions. (Not that I can hold a candle to many on this board, but at least I fool myself into believing that I realize that sometimes.)

Reaction Score
Keeping score before the end of the game is a waste of time other than people knowing who is ahead/behind and establishing a winner.
What does that have to do with a mythical rating between 2 teams that will not determine the game's outcome? The other likes you got for your comment shows they are irrational like your comment.

Reaction Score
Both these statements show just how profoundly ignorant you are about basketball and its traditions. (Not that I can hold a candle to many on this board, but at least I fool myself into believing that I realize that sometimes.)
Yes I don't care or follow traditions and herd mentality of men. My last word

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What does that have to do with a mythical rating between 2 teams that will not determine the game's outcome? The other likes you got for your comment shows they are irrational like your comment.
From your initial post, that's what I thought this thread was. Silly irrational comments. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
123 messages, 30 likes received. That would be ~24%, which would be an F.

Kinda says it all.
Sorry that I don't follow or want to think like THE CROWD and I am PERFECTLY happy being a FAILURE in your and anyone else's eyes. I have done well in this life, accomplish much for my family and others. The road is narrow for those who enter into paradise, like the FLOOD swept away the entire world except for 8 people. The world at that time were laughing and feeling proud of their knowledge but what happened to them???

Reaction Score
Sorry that I don't follow or want to think like THE CROWD and I am PERFECTLY happy being a FAILURE in your and anyone else's eyes. I have done well in this life, accomplish much for my family and others. The road is narrow for those who enter into paradise, like the FLOOD swept away the entire world except for 8 people. The world at that time were laughing and feeling proud of their knowledge but what happened to them???
This says it all

Reaction Score
Proverbs 26:4

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Troll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics