Ratings of every regular season and conference championship bball game this season | The Boneyard

Ratings of every regular season and conference championship bball game this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...numbers-for-every-game-of-the-2013-14-season/

Charts:

Part 1
Part 2

The obvious - games against good teams that were on at least ESPN2, we got ~700K+, games on ESPNU vs. the lesser AAC teams, we got around 150K+. The lower water mark was the BU game with 79K.

Interesting to see the "Big East" ratings. Fox Sports is a wasteland. Not sure I'm smart enough to know whether the extra $2.5 million is worth it. Even Villanova had multiple games with fewer than 10k viewers.... Granted they were cupcakes but still that's just a dismal number. That's less than what they'd hope to fill their arena with...

Reaction Score
All FS1 ratings are horrible. Heck most people dont' even know what channel to find FS1. Half the time you tune in to FS1 it's a car auction or UFC crap which I dont' see helping them break into the college sports market.

This is a huge disadvantage for the Big 12 and other conferences with FOX as a TV partner as far as ratings. It was also obvious that ESPN took this into account with their reporting during football season.

I suspect they have a plan and will be at least somewhat successful after a few years have passed. Will they be equal to ESPN, doubtful.

In the end it will be better for all of the colleges in the country to have a competitor with ESPN instead of simply allowing them to control the entire sport. Look at who carries the the bowls, we need competition.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
All FS1 ratings are horrible. Heck most people dont' even know what channel to find FS1. Half the time you tune in to FS1 it's a car auction or UFC crap which I dont' see helping them break into the college sports market.

This is a huge disadvantage for the Big 12 and other conferences with FOX as a TV partner as far as ratings. It was also obvious that ESPN took this into account with their reporting during football season.

I suspect they have a plan and will be at least somewhat successful after a few years have passed. Will they be equal to ESPN, doubtful.

In the end it will be better for all of the colleges in the country to have a competitor with ESPN instead of simply allowing them to control the entire sport. Look at who carries the the bowls, we need competition.

True, ESPN really promotes their properties and sabotages everyone else. Even properties they own, but not for long-term, like the AAC, they don't promote. It's tough to get a good deal for media rights if they aren't bidding, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom