Rather be young and exciting than experienced and average... | The Boneyard

Rather be young and exciting than experienced and average...

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Watching Pitt/Va Tech and Jesse Palmer said this when talking about how many young kids on Va Tech have been the sparkplugs of their offense, while still making mistakes.

Hmmmm....

Reaction Score
The problem is, we are not an average team right now, and we are not average or exciting when the young guys play.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We have the young part covered. Just need to inject some of that rootin' tootin' "exciting" stuff.

Reaction Score
Fair point.
I think the exciting stuff is there, just the O-line gives the team absolutely no time to execute anything in terms of offense.

Gives no time to execute successfully the plays the coaches are calling. Can't ignore the middle of the field, in tight formation when Davis in man coverage need to throw to him, if TE's aren't going to be receivers put in another Olineman. When was the last Fox reverse sweep, fake draw and go deep? Come on man, everyone knows OL needs offense to deceive and be quick; let's be on our own 1 yard line and line up running back 9 yards deep and run to the TE's block. HCBD is trying to lose close not win; stay within 2 scores, hope for tip/miracle interception (almost had on last series against Tulane) and be within onsides kick of winning.

Reaction Score
Experienced and average would be the moon for this team.

Reaction Score
This team has a few young and exciting players. We suck because the offensive line is horrible. I would take an experienced and average offensive line mixed in with some young and exciting play makers. The line is the only thing holding this team back from being 3-2, maybe even 4-1. I hate putting kids down but there is no hiding it, they are the worst I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom