Ranking | The Boneyard

Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So, what are the chances we move back into the Top 25 this week?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Great chance how I see it. Look who is dropping out. South Carolina lost. Although they will have a total of 2 loses, the AP really came down on them hard by dropping them 5 last week. USC at #21 lost 2 this week. USC might go off. Kentucky salvaged their spot this week. Waiting for Duke to hit bottom. They still have to go down a couple even thought the beat NCST. I think we may be at 25. I really don't ever expect a Kentucky or a Duke to drop out of the T25. We have had a good couple of weeks. Plus a couple of wins were on national tv? ESPN and CBS. I am sure some watched the Georgetown came on CBS. Somebody saw the game on CBS in the US.

Reaction Score
UConn has won 9 of its last 11 and just beat a team that beat a Top 5 Xavier team. Decent chance of being ranked again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn has won 9 of its last 11 and just beat a team that beat a Top 5 Xavier team. Decent chance of being ranked again.

And one of our bad losses just beat an undefeated team.

Reaction Score
I know our league is not the best but you see these teams losing multiple times and they are middle of the pack in their divisions and they move in and out of the top 15. I bet SMU falls 10 spots. Shouldn't Temple be ranked?

Reaction Score
Borges doesn't have us in his AP top 25. Basically asks us to prove ourselves. Beat Cincy and a solid UCF team this week and we're back in.

caw

Reaction Score
Why would UConn be ranked?
All they did was beat a middle tier NBE team
BIG DEAL

Borges doesn't have us in his AP top 25. Basically asks us to prove ourselves. Beat Cincy and a solid UCF team this week and we're back in.

His final three are interesting to say the least.

Reaction Score
Not that the RPI makes much sense at this point in the season, but last I looked we were in the mid to late 60s.

I'm likely wrong, but unless we strings a long winning streak, including a W against SMU along the way, I'm not sure if we'll get enough votes to get back into the top 25. The AAC has few strong RPI team that will help our cause. Georgetown had a worse RPI than we did and most of the OOC teams we beat have worse RPIs than we do. Texas is one that has a higher RPI.

As I noted above, the RPI now won't look like what it will at the end of the season, but unfortunately we don't have many teams on our schedule that will dramatically improve it. Short of winning just about all our games, there's not a whole lot the team can do to improve its perception. I guess the one saving grace, is the gross mediocrity that exist in college basketball this season. Many of the teams are bunched together in one big trash heap. Lot of flawed teams this year.

The fact that we didn't receive any votes last week, give me a little hope that will jump into the top 25 this week or even next week. I hope I'm wrong. Not that ESPN is all that important, but if you're not in the top 25 or playing a top 25 team, you're not going to get any Sports Center play which helps when it comes to national perception and recruiting.

Reaction Score
Likely #24-28. Hard to say if break T25, but I think decent chance. We have won several straight. 5 losses not terrible given the teams we played (exception Tulsa)

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
From Borges...
And, well, while the Huskies took care of business at home against Tulane and Georgetown, that wasn't quite enough to put them back in the rankings.
Beat Cincinnati on Thursday, hold serve at UCF next Sunday, and I can pretty much guarantee the Huskies will be back on my ballot.

I'd agree with this but like Borges holding serve is a must against a (maybe better than the bottom feeders of the American but not solid by any means) UCF team after a win against Cincinnati should get enough votes. UCFs record is extremely inflated as @tcf15 has posted several times, 4 conference wins are against a bad ECU and terrible USF teams and currently have an RPI of 188 with a SOS of 330 (almost dead last) and only one RPI top 150 win against a bad UMass team (RPI 146) 2nd best win is ECU at 190. Must wins against the directional schools is a massive understatement. Memphis just put the shovel in the ground for its season.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Not that the RPI makes much sense at this point in the season, but last I looked we were in the mid to late 60s.

I'm likely wrong, but unless we strings a long winning streak, including a W against SMU along the way, I'm not sure if we'll get enough votes to get back into the top 25. The AAC has few strong RPI team that will help our cause. Georgetown had a worse RPI than we did and most of the OOC teams we beat have worse RPIs than we do. Texas is one that has a higher RPI.

As I noted above, the RPI now won't look like what it will at the end of the season, but unfortunately we don't have many teams on our schedule that will dramatically improve it. Short of winning just about all our games, there's not a whole lot the team can do to improve its perception. I guess the one saving grace, is the gross mediocrity that exist in college basketball this season. Many of the teams are bunched together in one big trash heap. Lot of flawed teams this year.

The fact that we didn't receive any votes last week, give me a little hope that will jump into the top 25 this week or even next week. I hope I'm wrong. Not that ESPN is all that important, but if you're not in the top 25 or playing a top 25 team, you're not going to get any Sports Center play which helps when it comes to national perception and recruiting.
Use this or a similar site. Losing road games to only Cincinnati and SMU would be an RPI of 23 for example but a top 30 RPI is definitely attainable.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/Connecticut.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3