Ranking the Top Teams in New England | The Boneyard

Ranking the Top Teams in New England

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Reaction Score
Like I've said before, you do a better job than every one of our beat writers in the state--and you're doing it for fun. Great .

I've always loved Becker at Vermont. Been absolutely dominating that conference for over a decade. It's shocking he hasn't moved on to a bigger name program--he has the chops.

I played against his first team at UVM and scrimmaged against them a number of times that season and the next. I obviously got my behind royally whipped, but it was evident every time they stepped on the court how well coached those guys were. All business, bought in on defense, and new their offense inside and out.

Reaction Score
Too bad Fairfield lost Supreme Cook.
Yes, but Seck/Yetna were a nice rebound after losing Cook and their other two bigs.

If Yetna can stay healthy, Fairfield could surprise. I think Quinnipiac are better, though.

Reaction Score
I'm going to make it a point to go to some non-UConn games this year. It's too bad URI isn't hosting PC at the Ryan Center - awesome venue. Eying Holy Cross @ CCSU on 12/2 and Harvard @ Yale on 3/2. Maybe Princeton @ Brown on 2/3.

Reaction Score
BC #5 in New England, behind Yale and Vermont................................................how the (not) mighty have fallen!

Reaction Score
Great content as always, but you missed a superb opportunity to inform us of PC's chance to make the tournament at the end of their section

Reaction Score
Saint Joe's, W. Hfd, is far and away the top division III team in N. E and top five in the country.

Our area is an embarrassment of basketball riches. What Calhoon started continues as it has at UConn. It's not about a one-year flash in the pan but building a solid program.

Reaction Score
Back in the 60's they used to have a poll which came out every Sunday for the New England teams.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Amazing stuff. I wouldn't have guessed Yale so high, but then I don't pay that much attention. BC #5 is actually a step in the right direction for them.

Reaction Score
And you thought I was kidding...
Really well done, Hey Adrien. This is well written. If I was writing something, whether it's a blog like this, or any other written type of document the biggest challenges/questions I face are :

1) do I know enough about the content and have enough content to write about the subject?
2) if the answer to #1 is a "yes" or a resounding "yes", how do I write enough details without overdoing it and making a humongous written piece and how do I communicate my thoughts so it's easy for the reader to understand?

You nailed both of these questions or points. It was thorough with a lot of useful information without overwhelming the reader.

You might want to make a small correction however:

Tristen Newton returns for his extra year of eligibility after finishing the year strongly averaging 11.1 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 4.1 free throw attempts per game with a 39.3 FT% and 82.9 FT%

I am certain you meant 39.3 3 PT%.

Reaction Score
When is PC going to print the "We're #2" T-shirts?? I mean, this has to be the highest they have been ranked anywhere in history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom