Ranking the Teams in Order of Preference for Winning the NC | The Boneyard

Ranking the Teams in Order of Preference for Winning the NC

Reaction Score
This is not a ranking of who you think will win, but who you want to win. I'm only including teams that seem to have at least a small chance to win. What say you?
1. UConn, of course.
2. Oregon -- Sabrina has had a stellar career, Graves seems like a decent guy, and they haven't won one yet.
3. Louisville -- they ran into two UConn buzz saws in their two NC appearances... plus, they upset a Griner led Baylor team who might have beaten UConn that year. And they haven't won a title yet.
4. NC State -- would be another first time winner... and shades of Jim Valvano, who I saw play at Rutgers.
5. UCLA -- they've been down a long time... and I have no real bias against them
6. Stanford -- Tara is a class act, and they haven't won one in forever. I'd put them ahead of UCLA, but Stanford has already won two.
7. Miss St. -- I'm still holding a grudge over that upset loss to them.
8. South Carolina -- Dawn is okay, but I just don't like them that much. Unlike Miss St, they have a title already, and are a threat to win more.
9. Maryland -- I don't like Brenda or her penchant for scheduling cupcakes
10. Baylor -- 3 is enough for them!
64. Tennessee -- They will always be at the bottom of any list I make. :)

Reaction Score
Great list. I agree with almost all of your comments and rankings. I’d switch Louisville and Oregon - ‘cause I met Jeff and liked him. I’d also put Miss St at #4 and push the others back a slot. I like their style and want a team that upset us to get the full reward.

Reaction Score
Starting from the premise that if my team doesn't win I don't give much of a darn who does, I have no issues with the list. I lived in NC for a long time and poor NC State manages to be kind of average in sports and always looking up at Carolina and Duke, so I would be happy to see them win out. They won't. I don't want to see Baylor, SC or MD win. Oregon is due, has a nice team and has earned a championship.

Reaction Score
1) NC State
2) Louisville
3) Miss State
4) Oregon State
Appreciate the Beaver love from afar. I will now actively root for Duke to make some loud noise later this month...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Connecticut
2. Oregon
3. NC State: they have a sophomore center who may turn out to be great.
4. Stanford: I've never disliked them like a few other teams
5. Northwestern
6. Princeton
61. Maryland
62. South Carolina
63. Tennessee
64. Baylor

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
1. Connecticut
2. Oregon
3. NC State: they have a sophomore center who may turn out to be great.
4. Stanford: I've never disliked them like a few other teams
5. Northwestern
6. Princeton
61. Maryland
62. South Carolina
63. Tennessee
64. Baylor
This is what jealousy looks like. I am surprised that Oregon isn't 61..but...that is only because of Sabrina....The changing face of WBB will only get better with different teams rising up to challenge the UCONN domination. The other fans across the country need to see that they have a chance if WBB is to grow. It was starting to get boring for other fans...this alleviates that. That's the price you pay with parity..and parity adds mystery and excitement.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
#1 UConn
#2 Oregon They've built a Solid Program that will compete for F4's and Championships. in the future.
#3 Stanford Tara is a great coach and last National Championship was 1991/92 Season. Time for another one.
#4 NC State. Just Because Wes Moore has done a great job
#5 Louisville Jeff's a Good Coach
#6 So Carolina Dawn has built a great program. However, don't like the disrespect card she plays.

Reaction Score
This is not a ranking of who you think will win, but who you want to win. I'm only including teams that seem to have at least a small chance to win. What say you?
1. UConn, of course.
2. Oregon -- Sabrina has had a stellar career, Graves seems like a decent guy, and they haven't won one yet.
3. Louisville -- they ran into two UConn buzz saws in their two NC appearances... plus, they upset a Griner led Baylor team who might have beaten UConn that year. And they haven't won a title yet.
4. NC State -- would be another first time winner... and shades of Jim Valvano, who I saw play at Rutgers.
5. UCLA -- they've been down a long time... and I have no real bias against them
6. Stanford -- Tara is a class act, and they haven't won one in forever. I'd put them ahead of UCLA, but Stanford has already won two.
7. Miss St. -- I'm still holding a grudge over that upset loss to them.
8. South Carolina -- Dawn is okay, but I just don't like them that much. Unlike Miss St, they have a title already, and are a threat to win more.
9. Maryland -- I don't like Brenda or her penchant for scheduling cupcakes
10. Baylor -- 3 is enough for them!
64. Tennessee -- They will always be at the bottom of any list I make. :)

I think your tag, for #9 Maryland is not valid this year, "...penchant for scheduling cupcakes" missed the mark for this year. That tag should be leveled towards #7 Miss St, #10 Baylor and #64 Tennessee. IMO, Brenda has learned a lesson when the NCAA gave a "lower seed" to Maryland in part because of her cupcakes OOC schedule...was it couple years ago?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
1. UConn - For obvious reasons...
2. Oregon - It’s always nice to see a team get its first title.
3. NC State - I really like what Wes Moore is doing in Raleigh and Cunane is turning out to be one of my favorite non-UConn players to watch.
4. Princeton - So folks at ESPN truly start to pay attention to good teams outside the P5.
5. Stanford - Because potentially beating a team on the fourth try would be so, so satisfying.
63. Tennessee
64. South Carolina - Dawn Staley grinds my gears and has since they became a powerhouse.

Reaction Score
This is what jealousy looks like. I am surprised that Oregon isn't 61..but...that is only because of Sabrina....The

I don't dislike all of the top teams. I have my reasons for the ones I do dislike. I notice you only attacked me, while others had similar lists.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is what jealousy looks like.
No this is what jealousy looks like

shutterstock_178760318.jpg

The changing face of WBB will only get better with different teams rising up to challenge the UCONN domination.
Don't care what the face looks like, as long as it's UCONN's domination they are challenging.

The other fans across the country need to see that they have a chance if WBB is to grow. It was starting to get boring for other fans...this alleviates that.
Don't care about other fans. Let them be bored.

That's the price you pay with parity..and parity adds mystery and excitement.
I don't want to pay for parity. In fact I'd pay NOT to have parity as long there is UCONN dominiation.

If I wanted mystery I'd read the Hardy Boys. And UCONN winning is exciting enough for me.

Reaction Score
This is what jealousy looks like. I am surprised that Oregon isn't 61..but...that is only because of Sabrina....The changing face of WBB will only get better with different teams rising up to challenge the UCONN domination. The other fans across the country need to see that they have a chance if WBB is to grow. It was starting to get boring for other fans...this alleviates that. That's the price you pay with parity..and parity adds mystery and excitement.

Be prepared to be bored for the next few years.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1). UConn
2). South Dakota
3). Princeton
4). (tie). Everybody else

I would’ve separated out Baylor as 64, but I really like DiDi Richards and Lauren Cox. I thought about including Gonzaga and Mizzou State, but don’t know enough about them to make an informed decision.

Reaction Score
1). UConn
2). South Dakota
3). Princeton
4). (tie). Everybody else

I would’ve separated out Baylor as 64, but I really like DiDi Richards and Lauren Cox. I thought about including Gonzaga and Mizzou State, but don’t know enough about them to make an informed decision.
Planet 10 apparently has an affinity for UConn and the midmajors.

Reaction Score
1. UConn of course
2. Oregon as Sabrina deserves one.
3. South Carolina even thought not a fan of Dawn but these kids are fun to watch and have a very strong bench. Reminiscent of UConn team but with strong post play and bench.

Reaction Score
The fans across the country will be rooting for UConn & Geno to break the Title drought.

Reaction Score
The fans across the country will be rooting for UConn & Geno to break the Title drought.
...fans in selected portions of the country, that is... Many college WBB fans will forever believe that 11 is more than enough for any program.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Planet 10 apparently has an affinity for UConn and the midmajors.
I tell ya, they don’t get no respect. . .

I really would like to see a mid-major make some noise in the show. I’m a fan of team play, and that’s how a team like South Dakota wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom