Ranking the Best Starting Lineups for 15-16 CBB (Bleacher Report) | The Boneyard

Ranking the Best Starting Lineups for 15-16 CBB (Bleacher Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Someone on bleacher report sees the talent and potential on this team, although I still think Purvis starts over Adams this guy has the right idea, Good press.

Ranking the Best Starting Lineups for the 2015-16 College Basketball Season

8. Connecticut Huskies

Now, if you want to talk Huskies, go ahead and re-read that last sentence with the parenthetical portions replaced by Daniel Hamilton, Amida Brimah, Sterling Gibbs, Shonn Miller and Jalen Adams, respectively.

Arguably, the reason for the drastic difference in perception is that Maryland had a surprisingly impressive 2014-15 season while Connecticut was one of the biggest disappointments, missing the NCAA tournament one year after winning it.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the Huskies and Terrapins should be viewed as equals, but it's kind of hard to look at this roster and not feel like Connecticut is being undersold as a real contender this year. In addition to the starters, Connecticut also has a pretty impressive bench with Rodney Purvis, Sam Cassell Jr., Omar Calhoun, Kentan Facey and Phillip Nolan all at Kevin Ollie's disposal.

As luck would have it, the Huskies play Maryland on December 8 in what could serve as their memo to the nation that they mean business this year.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-23_23-1-26.png
    upload_2015-9-23_23-1-26.png
    68 bytes · Views: 51
Reaction Score
Yeah seriously you can't have Adams starting over Purvis before the former has yet to set foot on a D1 floor.

Reaction Score
As luck would have it, the Huskies play Maryland on December 8 in what could serve as their memo to the nation that they mean business this year.

Now I agree completely with this part. Coming off Atlantis, this would be a statement win that could propel us into the Top 10 for good this year.

We need a regular season like that -- haven't had one in a while.

Reaction Score
I'm really excited about the potential of this team. Let's just hope they take a page out of 2011's "Book of Selfless Men" and not 2006's "It's All About Me" tale.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Beginning of quote didn't copy (on my phone) here it is.

Projected Starters: Jalen Adams, Sterling Gibbs, Daniel Hamilton, Shonn Miller, Amida Brimah

I fully expect Connecticut's appearance on this list to be the biggest point of contention, but if we directly compare the Huskies to a higher-ranking team, perhaps you'll see things our way.

Pretty much everyone views Maryland as one of the three best teams in the country. The Terrapins have a starting lineup consisting of a sophomore who had an outstanding freshman season (Melo Trimble), an upperclassman who averaged roughly 14 points and seven rebounds per 40 minutes (Jake Layman), two high-impact transfers (Rasheed Sulaimon and Robert Carter) and a 5-star freshman (Diamond Stone).

Reaction Score

I'm going to be there and I will be pretty excited if the Huskies win this one. Would set the tone for the rest of the season and prove to themselves that this is not last season. Would show everyone else that too but I don't care as much about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom