Ranking The American Athletic Conference's Quarterbacks For 2018 | The Boneyard

Ranking The American Athletic Conference's Quarterbacks For 2018

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Ranking the American Athletic Conference's Quarterbacks for 2018

11. David Pindell, UConn

UConn’s offense showed signs of progress last fall, increasing its scoring average to 23.6 a game (up from 14.8 in 2017). New coordinator John Dunn has the necessary pieces to improve upon that total this year, including a talented receiving corps and a quarterback with experience in Pindell. The former junior college transfer threw for 937 yards (52.8 percent) and four touchdowns to six interceptions in his first season on campus. Additionally, Pindell added 289 yards and three scores on the ground. Pindell should be more comfortable in his second year on campus, but he needs to show progress as a passer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Huh, the only guy I'm thinking about in this league at this point is Milton. It could be interesting to revisit this article by late October. Pindell and this offense have a legit chance to move themselves to the top 6 of the league this year.

Reaction Score
How much of the offenses success was Lashlee is what I am wondering?

And how the crap is Navy's QB #2? Do they even throw?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Lashlee turned the ship around. I give him full credit for that. Not sure he is the guy to get the redirected ship moving at warp speed however. I'm drinking the kool-aid carefully dispensed by Edsall this spring that Dunn's offense is as potent as Lashlee, but with better balance.

As for the Navy Qb, what a joke the author ranked him #2.

OT - I fear a seriously down year for this conference. I don't think we are going to do well in non conf play against the P5. Hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
I t

The success of the offense was definitely due to Lashlee. However, I think Coach Dunn has a lot more to work with than RL had last season. If he can run the same type of up tempo offense than I believe we should win more than three games for the third year in a row.

Reaction Score
It's gonna be one of those years where UConn marches methodically and inexorably down the field and scores in 15-20 plays running off 7-10 minutes of clock. The opponent will take about a minute and a half to answer. Final score? Who the heck knows?

Reaction Score
It's gonna be one of those years where UConn marches methodically and inexorably down the field and scores in 15-20 plays running off 7-10 minutes of clock. The opponent will take about a minute and a half to answer. Final score? Who the heck knows?

we just need an offense thst scores more than the defense.

Reaction Score
We just need some tough SOBs tearing up the joint. Pindell has a lot to prove and doesn’t have a previous starting qb backing him up. The pressure is on his year.

Do you think he felt more pressure starting the season last year or this year?

Reaction Score
We just need some tough SOBs tearing up the joint. Pindell has a lot to prove and doesn’t have a previous starting qb backing him up. The pressure is on his year.

Do you think he felt more pressure starting the season last year or this year?
The pressure is definitely on him this year. Last year he was given the starting job when BS was done for the year. He knew he had nobody behind him because Edsall was not going to waste a red shirt freshman on a losing season. However, this year is a different story. The two QBs are not red shirted, Bisack has been playing well and you still have the freshman QB coming in trying to win a spot.

As of right now it looks like Pindell will be QB1 unless one of the other guys show him up. He is going to have to prove he deserves it.

Reaction Score
If Pindell is the 11th most effective QB in AAC it is going to be a long season. I was not as big a fan of Lashlee as some, expect better OL play and better play calling (especially as get closer to red zone) and did see some effectiveness in Pindell last year. If he steps into his throws like he is trying to do, will make a big difference on getting ball to receivers.
Not saying better than UCF kid but he has some giddy up, a quick release, some accuracy and now some game experience and a sold year of prep work. Kind of counting on all that to add up to getting offense into middle of NCAA scoring per game (only about 5 points per game more) and that would also be about middle of AAC last year.

Reaction Score
The pressure is definitely on him this year. Last year he was given the starting job when BS was done for the year. He knew he had nobody behind him because Edsall was not going to waste a red shirt freshman on a losing season. However, this year is a different story. The two QBs are not red shirted, Bisack has been playing well and you still have the freshman QB coming in trying to win a spot.

As of right now it looks like Pindell will be QB1 unless one of the other guys show him up. He is going to have to prove he deserves it.
Got to be honest, Bisack looks the part but based on what I saw in the spring game he doesn’t seem to execute very well at all. I was very underwhelmed and Pindell was objectively much better. That said, Pindell really seems to struggle at times. His mobility might be his own worst enemy. If I’m a D coordinator, I’d give up the long ball and dare him to sit in the pocket, plant his feet and throw accurately. Take away the mid-range pass, put a spy on him and keep outside leverage, and you can takeaway his game. I’d much prefer a classic strong-armed, accurate pocket passer. But, you go with Best you got.

Reaction Score
If you listen to RE Statements, the #2 QB is Washington not Bisack.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Got to be honest, Bisack looks the part but based on what I saw in the spring game he doesn’t seem to execute very well at all. I was very underwhelmed and Pindell was objectively much better. That said, Pindell really seems to struggle at times. His mobility might be his own worst enemy. If I’m a D coordinator, I’d give up the long ball and dare him to sit in the pocket, plant his feet and throw accurately. Take away the mid-range pass, put a spy on him and keep outside leverage, and you can takeaway his game. I’d much prefer a classic strong-armed, accurate pocket passer. But, you go with Best you got.
Maybe this is the year we have a run game to partially offset your defensive strategy against Pindell which is to not respect his deep threat. Seems like the pieces are in place to have the best run game from this team in quite some time.

Reaction Score

" If I’m a D coordinator, I’d give up the long ball and dare him to sit in the pocket, plant his feet and throw accurately. Take away the mid-range pass, put a spy on him and keep outside leverage, and you can takeaway his game." Think that would just about stop every team's QB not called Clemson, USC and a few others. If there were many QB's who could plant their feet and throw long accurately the Packers wouldn't be spending time with a Tim Boyle career performance type guy.

Reaction Score
I t

The success of the offense was definitely due to Lashlee. However, I think Coach Dunn has a lot more to work with than RL had last season. If he can run the same type of up tempo offense than I believe we should win more than three games for the third year in a row.

I'll jump on that bandwagon.

Reaction Score

Lashlee is a factor, but what we should be wondering is how much of the offense was Shireffs? It's not like we didn't take huge steps backwards any time he went out the last three years.

Reaction Score
If Pindell is the 11th most effective QB in AAC it is going to be a long season. I was not as big a fan of Lashlee as some, expect better OL play and better play calling (especially as get closer to red zone) and did see some effectiveness in Pindell last year. If he steps into his throws like he is trying to do, will make a big difference on getting ball to receivers.
Not saying better than UCF kid but he has some giddy up, a quick release, some accuracy and now some game experience and a sold year of prep work. Kind of counting on all that to add up to getting offense into middle of NCAA scoring per game (only about 5 points per game more) and that would also be about middle of AAC last year.
Don’t forget his legs. He’s really fast and should help extend drives on 3rd down or turn some 2nd and longs to 3rd and short

Reaction Score
" If I’m a D coordinator, I’d give up the long ball and dare him to sit in the pocket, plant his feet and throw accurately. Take away the mid-range pass, put a spy on him and keep outside leverage, and you can takeaway his game." Think that would just about stop every team's QB not called Clemson, USC and a few others. If there were many QB's who could plant their feet and throw long accurately the Packers wouldn't be spending time with a Tim Boyle career performance type guy.
Pretty much true, but I think Pindell is on the lower end of average with the long ball in accuracy and decision making. My guess is Ds gamble on his ability to be effective down field and bias towards the short pass and cutting off the bail and run options.

Reaction Score
You know what? If that’s the case and after our last one the other guy only has 30 seconds of the 90 he needs and we win 7-8 times I’ll take it. To me there is nothing better than having the ball and the lead late and watch your running back rip off 6-8 yards every play. Nothing more frustrating for the opponent either.

Reaction Score
Pindell’s effectiveness will have more to do with his level of confidence than anything athletic. He’s improved his mechanics and the O line should be better. He’s got a good group of receivers. If we can produce a decent running game, and he’s blessed with a strategically targeted game plan by Dunn, Pindell can blow that #11 ranking out of the water. His issues have more to do with leadership and confidence. He’s the leader now. He needs to embrace it.

Reaction Score
You know what? If that’s the case and after our last one the other guy only has 30 seconds of the 90 he needs and we win 7-8 times I’ll take it. To me there is nothing better than having the ball and the lead late and watch your running back rip off 6-8 yards every play. Nothing more frustrating for the opponent either.
I'll settle for 3.5 yards per play. ;)

Reaction Score
Pindell’s effectiveness will have more to do with his level of confidence than anything athletic. He’s improved his mechanics and the O line should be better. He’s got a good group of receivers. If we can produce a decent running game, and he’s blessed with a strategically targeted game plan by Dunn, Pindell can blow that #11 ranking out of the water. His issues have more to do with leadership and confidence. He’s the leader now. He needs to embrace it.
Coupla significant IF's there, but agreed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom