Ranking predictions (by xmas) | The Boneyard

Ranking predictions (by xmas)

Reaction Score
I can't remember an early season where so many of the highly ranked teams took a big hit. Baylor, Duke, Kansas, UNC etc.
It seems to me that the name on a jersey was a big factor in who was ranked where in the pre season (understandable due to the high transfer #). And, obviously, there are teams that weren't ranked or ranked low that are way better than the # next to the name.

What top teams do you think will drop significantly by Xmas, and what teams do you think will rise.
My predictions- Virginia will drop to mid to high teens
and Illinois will be top ten.

(and if anyone cares, I see us at #3)

Curious to see what you all think

Reaction Score
Duke has 2 good players. Jeremy Roach and Kyle Fillipowski. Whitehead and Lively are 2 of those worst #1 and #2 prospects I have ever seen. They look completely lost out there. Can't rebound, can't shoot, can't defend. They're lucky the ACC is complete dogwater this year or else they would be in for a rough season.

Baylor is still very good but their defense stinks. UNC is garbage and has zero depth. Kansas will probably be okay.

UVA looks like the real deal though. Their defense is crazy. I think they'll be a top 10 team for the rest of the year. There isn't anyone in the ACC that will give them a legit challenge for the regular season title.

Purdue kind of looks like we do right now. Sometimes you have a team that just clicks together and are super hard to beat. They're my favorites to win the Big 10

Reaction Score
Doomed.
I thought the same thing as I was posting my uconn prediction but then realized: if there are CBB gods who hand out curses then they are probably tired of messing with us. Their attention is on UNC and Duke so I'll stand by #3!

Reaction Score
ranking predictions (by march):
UConn wins the BE
UVA wins the ACC
Zona wins the PAC
Texas wins the Big12
Purdue wins the Big10
SEC is the toughest to call between Ark, Bama, UK, and Tenn but I'll take Ark

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Duke has 2 good players. Jeremy Roach and Kyle Fillipowski. Whitehead and Lively are 2 of those worst #1 and #2 prospects I have ever seen. They look completely lost out there. Can't rebound, can't shoot, can't defend. They're lucky the ACC is complete dogwater this year or else they would be in for a rough season.

Baylor is still very good but their defense stinks. UNC is garbage and has zero depth. Kansas will probably be okay.

UVA looks like the real deal though. Their defense is crazy. I think they'll be a top 10 team for the rest of the year. There isn't anyone in the ACC that will give them a legit challenge for the regular season title.

Purdue kind of looks like we do right now. Sometimes you have a team that just clicks together and are super hard to beat. They're my favorites to win the Big 10
UNC is not garbage. I think people were just too high on them going into the season (myself included). They’re about at the level they were at most of last season- they just caught lightning in a bottle in the tournament a bit.

They lost to tough Iowa State and Alabama teams, narrowly. I think their game against Indiana is a pick ‘em.

Reaction Score
UNC is not garbage. I think people were just too high on them going into the season (myself included). They’re about at the level they were at most of last season- they just caught lightning in a bottle in the tournament a bit.

They lost to tough Iowa State and Alabama teams, narrowly. I think their game against Indiana is a pick ‘em.
Agree that UNC is not trash, but I was caught off guard by how far the higher ranking teams fell and how much of a jump teams like us and purdue made. I really can't remember a week where teams jumped or fell that far that quickly. Us and purdue basically jumped 15-20 spots in a week and Duke and Unc fell by the same amount

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom