Ranking colleges that produce the most potentially impactful NBA players | The Boneyard

Ranking colleges that produce the most potentially impactful NBA players

Reaction Score

Remember when UConn was in the top 5? UConn mentioned in the list of "Just Missed". At least we're in pretty good company with Michigan State, Louisville, Florida State and Villanova.

Syracuse at #5 is a joke. That list of their draft picks is laughable. I wondered if the author went to Syracuse. Clicked on here name and yup, she did. Too funny.

Reaction Score
A slick hedge with the use of the word "potentially". That allows her to rank Sara top five. For example (and this is true), I believe my six year old daughter is potentially the most impactful First Grader for the futures of the Space Program, Modern Medicine, and the Presidency. You may strongly disagree (don't) but you can't say I am wrong.

Hell, while we are on the topic, I think I may potentially be the most impactful man in the future love lives of Salma Hayek and MacKenzie Bezos. This is kinda fun!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It looks like they gave numerical rankings to every drafted player, which is dumb but not really biased. Pretty amazing how little Syracuse has to show for those numbers, though

Reaction Score
Syracuse at #5 is a joke. That list of their draft picks is laughable. I wondered if the author went to Syracuse. Clicked on here name and yup, she did. Too funny.
Quick check shows the writer went to Syracuse. Case closed.

Reaction Score
It's literally all about draft position. So actual NBA production has zero impact. It would have been more impactful if they included the score that was used to rank the school instead of just discussing the process to score them.

It's not biased, but it is dumb.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a lousy list. What it mostly tells me is that you should never draft anybody from Syracuse.

Reaction Score
How about the list show improvement from college recruit to NBA draft? We would still win(at least 20 of the past 25 years). Does this have anything to do with how the school helped develop the player...not in the least.

So you start w/ a MD All-American, goes to college for 1 year, gets drafted, and what exactly did the school do that natural talent did not?

Obviously on their payroll.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score

Remember when UConn was in the top 5? UConn mentioned in the list of "Just Missed". At least we're in pretty good company with Michigan State, Louisville, Florida State and Villanova.

Half of ESPN went to Newhouse or what ever that community college is called

Reaction Score
It looks like they gave numerical rankings to every drafted player, which is dumb but not really biased. Pretty amazing how little Syracuse has to show for those numbers, though
ESPN needs better analysts. Anyone remember that list of top franchises ever? Now that was the biggest joke. Like the number 1 factor they used to rank teams were how cheap (or they call it “fan friendly”) ticket prices and concessions were.

Reaction Score
The idea that we are just outside the top ten in this deceptive and meaningless article is good. because all I care about is can we still get quality recruits to come? Maybe a kid sees it and doesn't go someplace else instead of us. The top 4 were what I expected sucking up most of the oxygen out there that ESPN feeds them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom