Rankers don't have a clue?

Voters in ranking polls "don't have a clue"

• Agree

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I don't think the writer was being too serious about Arizona State being number 1. But they are absolutely right that many of the writers don't have a clue. Very obvious that many of the voters watch less women's basketball than the average user of this forum.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I've had this debate many times. IMHO... The "BEST" team in the nation often isn't #1. I think Baylor is the best team but SC will stay at #1 until they lose, no matter what Baylor does. ASU started the season ranked 20/18 in the polls. 2 early losses dropped them down to about 32 or so.

They have since been climbing back. beating Oregon and OSU jumped them up something like 10 spots to #18, Absolutely fair for the RANKINGS. One could argue they are one of the top 5 teams in the nation. I disagree, but that's irrelevant for the rankings. They are exactly where they deserve to be based on 2 great wins.

I might have put them at #15, but with 11 weeks of hoops and 15-20 games for each team, NO ONE is going to jump from unranked to #1 unless they go on a 6 game win streak in April and win the NC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Let's see how ASU does away from home.

They nearly beat UCLA on the road right before their 2 big wins over the Oregon schools. Next up is a road trip to the Washington schools. ASU should win both, but tripping up isn't out of the realm of possibility. WSU seems like the more like of the two to pull it off.

Reaction Score
They nearly beat UCLA on the road right before their 2 big wins over the Oregon schools. Next up is a road trip to the Washington schools. ASU should win both, but tripping up isn't out of the realm of possibility. WSU seems like the more like of the two to pull it off.
With the unpredictability of the PAC-12, I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 teams in the Ariz-Wash series go 1-1 over the weekend (ex. A favored ASU may beat Wazzu but still might lose a more favorable game to Washington while UA beats UW buts ends up losing to Wazzu.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
With the unpredictability of the PAC-12, I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 teams in the Ariz-Wash series go 1-1 over the weekend (ex. A favored ASU may beat Wazzu but still might lose a more favorable game to Washington while UA beats UW buts ends up losing to Wazzu.

You never know. I've seen UW play well for a half, but they can't seem to sustain it for four quarters. Although they did somehow beat Iowa on a neutral court, and the Hawkeyes are hot right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom