Rank your favorites for next head coach. | The Boneyard

Rank your favorites for next head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1. Les Miles
2. Randy Edsall
3. Lincoln Riley (Okie OC)
4. Rhett Lashley (Auburn OC)
5. Joe Moorhead

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Les Miles
Mario Cristobal
Joe Moorhead
Mark Helfrich
Rhett Lashley

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Les Miles/Mark Helfrich (Flip a coin)
Joe Moorhead
Mike Houston
Greg Schiano
Randy Edsall

Reaction Score
As in guys we want?

Fleck
Moorhead
Don Brown
Les miles
Jack Cochran

Reaction Score
I am truly going to trust Benedict's judgment on this, and am not spending a lot of time worrying about whom I would pick. But if people want to play:

1. Les Miles. He's won a national championship for goodness sakes, and is old enough this could be his last job. But there is 0% chance he would want to come here.

2. Greg Schiano. I know most here seem to want someone who's never lost a game as head coach, as if that allows them to ignore the flaws and limitations that those with a track record have. But that's just waiting to draw to an inside royal straight, instead of trying to get better. Schiano is flawed, and I'll have trouble seeing him in blue, but he will help us get better and God knows the next head coach will need selling skills to make this work. By the way -- I view it as a long shot, as I don't think we can wait for the playoffs to be over so I think if it was GS we would have heard about it unofficially by now.

3. Joe Moorhead. Track record as both I-AA head coach and I-A coordinators level, in the Northeast, knowledge of UConn, perfect fit. I tend to believe the reports that he thinks he can land a better job after next season, but who knows.

4. PJ Fleck. Unbelievable success where he is, but again, I think 0% chance he's talking to us given the opportunities he was not interested in.

5. Mike Houston. You never know about I-AA coaches moving up, but great record, on the East Coast and I think would snap at the offer. I think this is the most likely single choice for who we end up with, but I'm not excited about the I-AA coaches moving up.

6. Todd Orlando. It won't be him, as DB has made head coaching experience mandatory, but if I'm taking a I-A coordinator with no head coaching experience I would take him (and then go for TJ or the JMU OC as our OC). Incredible energy level and love of his players, knows the program and would help build off our prior history.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree with @businesslawyer in that I think Benedict has connections across three P5 leagues and can get inside information we aren't really aware of. That said.

1. Less Miles
2. Mark Helfrich
3. Joe Moorhead
4. PJ Fleck
5. ??? Mystery candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics