Randy Should Take Over DC Duties

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
crocker-cupcake-2018.jpg

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Crocker's next gig will be as the new TV spokesperson for Charmin, replacing "Mr. Whipple". Nobody knows more about softness than Crocker.

Reaction Score
I think we need a new DC NEXT year in principal, but I dont get how anyone could watch us attempt a stunt, have guys slam into each other and get pushed 5 yards downfield and think the DC is the problem.

Maybe these kids will be better next year and the year after but they are not anywhere near the level that should be seeing the field. And sadly the DL seems better than the lbs. The backers are non existent in run support. Takes more than moxie Jon Wholey. The DBs get beat on EVERY go route. When they try to send pressure, they don't get there and we give up huge chunks of yardage.

After the 1st game, I thought they had a chance to get better as the season went on. Last night they showed as much resistance as a wet paper bag. A guy like Junior Joseph hid a lot of stink on an atrocious defense. Right now there is no one who distinguishes himself physically as a standout contributor. Last year we had 2 in Foley and Joseph.

You have to have guys who make plays regardless of scheme.

Reaction Score
Do y'all think he is not involved in the defense? We might not like Cocker and/or the scheme he brings, but it does not matter who coaches the defense right now. We do not have the talent to play against teams like UCF & Boise. I'm not sure we can stop anyone at this point with who we can put on the field. Our only successful scheme might be if we are permitted to play 15 guys. I keep hearing we will get better with experience....I hope so.

Reaction Score
This is already Randy's defense. It looks like every other Randy defense has ever looked....with players who arent very good at it yet. Read and react, bend, (don't) break, don't dare blitz, or do anything interesting. Same as the offense.

This defense is NOTHING like what Crocker ran at Nova. not even close. Just like our offense looked nothing like Moorehead's when he was here, Ambrose, etc...

Randy's team. Randy's scheme. Randy's record. Randy Randy Randy

Reaction Score
This is already Randy's defense. It looks like every other Randy defense has ever looked....with players who arent very good at it yet. Read and react, bend, (don't) break, don't dare blitz, or do anything interesting. Same as the offense.

This defense is NOTHING like what Crocker ran at Nova. not even close. Just like our offense looked nothing like Moorehead's when he was here, Ambrose, etc...

I don't understand why Randy brought Crocker back only to not run his defense.

Reaction Score

The Edsallites have made it blasphemous to criticize Edsall. 14 games in and Edsall’s second go around at UConn has been a disaster.

The worst part is that there has been no improvement over the span of 14 games. Instead of criticizing Edsall, the Edsallites have focused solely on Crocker.

Crocker should be feeling the heat, he should be blamed as well for the defensive product thus far, but Randy should get his fair share of the blame too. Edsall brought in Crocker and Edsall’s speciality is defense. Edsall has been involved in the defense from day 1.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The Edsallites have made it blasphemous to criticize Edsall. 14 games in and Edsall’s second go around at UConn has been a disaster.

First of all, the correct term is "Apologista".

Second, I don't think I've seen anyone on this board say Edsall is above criticism. The issue, which most of us understand, is that we're broke. And if you think the choice was Edsall vs. Saban or even someone like Frost, well that's not even a remotely plausible choice based on the money right now.

The choice was Edsall vs. Diaco. Feel free to find me even one person who would argue for Diaco over Edsall, I'll wait. In the meantime, understand that this was the only possible choice based on the budget and it was the right choice...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"Easy to whip" is some serious truth-in-advertising.

Reaction Score

The worst part is that there has been no improvement over the span of 14 games. Instead of criticizing Edsall, the Edsallites have focused solely on Crocker.

Crocker should be feeling the heat, he should be blamed as well for the defensive product thus far, but Randy should get his fair share of the blame too. Edsall brought in Crocker and Edsall’s speciality is defense. Edsall has been involved in the defense from day 1.
Yesterday the announcers were talking about how Boise had a true freshman actually taking the field and how amazing that was. We had 11 12 13 TRUE FRESHMAN. This is what your going to get until they get bigger,stronger and accustomed to the speedof the game. Unfortunately it is going to take time like it or not.

Reaction Score
First of all, the correct term is "Apologista".

Second, I don't think I've seen anyone on this board say Edsall is above criticism. The issue, which most of us understand, is that we're broke. And if you think the choice was Edsall vs. Saban or even someone like Frost, well that's not even a remotely plausible choice based on the money right now.

The choice was Edsall vs. Diaco. Feel free to find me even one person who would argue for Diaco over Edsall, I'll wait. In the meantime, understand that this was the only possible choice based on the budget and it was the right choice...
Can you imagine Diaco coaching with a full roster of just Diaco recruits? It would somehow be even worse

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Can you imagine Diaco coaching with a full roster of just Diaco recruits? It would somehow be even worse

I just threw up a little in my mouth. The post game press conference would have been astounding. Fish oil cakes and energy vampires and RKGs and the whole nine yards...

Reaction Score
I just threw up a little in my mouth. The post game press conference would have been astounding. Fish oil cakes and energy vampires and RKGs and the whole nine yards...
This was my thought as well. The post game presses would have been epic.

Reaction Score
Yesterday the announcers were talking about how Boise had a true freshman actually taking the field and how amazing that was. We had 11 12 13 TRUE FRESHMAN. This is what your going to get until they get bigger,stronger and accustomed to the speedof the game. Unfortunately it is going to take time like it or not.

Boise has 10 returning starters on defense.

Reaction Score
players matter
I agree. Only gripe I have, is let Crocker run his defense as he sees fit. It's not exactly like we are keeping it close at the moment.

Reaction Score
I think we need a new DC NEXT year in principal, but I dont get how anyone could watch us attempt a stunt, have guys slam into each other and get pushed 5 yards downfield and think the DC is the problem.

Maybe these kids will be better next year and the year after but they are not anywhere near the level that should be seeing the field. And sadly the DL seems better than the lbs. The backers are non existent in run support. Takes more than moxie Jon Wholey. The DBs get beat on EVERY go route. When they try to send pressure, they don't get there and we give up huge chunks of yardage.

After the 1st game, I thought they had a chance to get better as the season went on. Last night they showed as much resistance as a wet paper bag. A guy like Junior Joseph hid a lot of stink on an atrocious defense. Right now there is no one who distinguishes himself physically as a standout contributor. Last year we had 2 in Foley and Joseph.

You have to have guys who make plays regardless of scheme.
Playing around with the 4-2-5 is not the answer either. Only lining up two LB's right behind the DL is going to sacrifice some run stopping power. We need that 3rd LB up front, not in the backfield.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom