Randy has become unhinged | The Boneyard

Randy has become unhinged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1575851730587.jpeg

That’s the only explanation for a tweet like this. Holy moly, what world is he living in?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Man the Edsall haters on this site are finding new things to pick on. First its starting every week with a new thread on Edsall must go. Then its a new thread every week on how bad Edsall is. This week we had people posting that Diaco wasn't bad. Then we had people opine he handled the Jazz Howard situation wrong and now we are picking on him highlighting a new recruit. Oh and the expert talent evaluators of the Boneyard are saying the kids in this class aren't good enough based on who recruited them.Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
Man the Edsall haters on this site are finding new things to pick on. First its starting every week with a new thread on Edsall must go. Then its a new thread every week on how bad Edsall is. This week we had people posting that Diaco wasn't bad. Then we had people opine he handled the Jazz Howard situation wrong and now we are picking on him highlighting a new recruit. Oh and the expert talent evaluators of the Boneyard are saying the kids in this class aren't good enough based on who recruited them.Head bangHead bang

i don’t hate hate Edsall. To the contrary, I think he cares about his players and sometimes doles out tough love to teach them life lessons. I know a few former players (randy 1.0 era) and they love him. Guiding the team through the Jasper Howard tragedy showed his character and anyone to imply he used it as a platform is out of their mind.

with that said - his latest tenure has been a disaster. Doesn’t mean that I don’t think he is a mentor or has created a poor culture. I just think the game has passed him by. There is nothing he is doing from a recruiting, game day coaching, overall philosophy that is working. He needs to go.

Reaction Score
How in God’s name can you not recognize Edsall deserves everything coming at him at this point. Atrocious fails year 1, 2 and 3. I don’t hate Edsall. I hate his coaching.

Reaction Score
You must be new. He's been doing this for a while now when he gets a new commit.
Well aware of the stupid bat signal. The text he wrote is completely tone deaf given what’s going on in the program.

Just tweet the silly picture and move on. Talking about how things keep getting better is bananas. Don’t piss on our heads and tell us it’s raining.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Well aware of the stupid bat signal. The text he wrote is completely tone deaf given what’s going on in the program.

Just tweet the silly picture and move on. Talking about how things keep getting better is bananas. Don’t piss on our heads and tell us it’s raining.
Anytime we get a recruit we think the program is getting better. RE has always said something with the bat signal. And you know what, it isn't stupid because we used to get no signal and had no way of knowing who he recruited until the recruit said something.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
i don’t hate hate Edsall. To the contrary, I think he cares about his players and sometimes doles out tough love to teach them life lessons. I know a few former players (randy 1.0 era) and they love him. Guiding the team through the Jasper Howard tragedy showed his character and anyone to imply he used it as a platform is out of their mind.

with that said - his latest tenure has been a disaster. Doesn’t mean that I don’t think he is a mentor or has created a poor culture. I just think the game has passed him by. There is nothing he is doing from a recruiting, game day coaching, overall philosophy that is working. He needs to go.
So do you also acknowledge the lack of support the university has shown him? It goes hand in hand with the on field product.

Reaction Score

Can I ask you a favor? You want HCRE gone? Fine. Totally rational. Say it as much as you want. But could you please not take every friggin thing that happens, no matter how normal or innocuous or immaterial, and pretend that that is an independent reason to fire him?

It just makes the board unreadable and unlivable.

Reaction Score

Can I ask you a favor? You want HCRE gone? Fine. Totally rational. Say it as much as you want. But could you please not take every friggin thing that happens, no matter how normal or innocuous or immaterial, and pretend that that is an independent reason to fire him?

It just makes the board unreadable and unlivable.

I am going to take a breather.

Reaction Score

Yet when he's honest about the state of the program we hear he's making excuses, or blaming the players.

God forbid he express excitement about the 3rd commit of the day.

Reaction Score
Yet when he's honest about the state of the program we hear he's making excuses, or blaming the players.

God forbid he express excitement about the 3rd commit of the day.
It’s wonderful kids want to come here, whoever they are and wherever the come from. To my thinking anybody with a pulse should be able to recruit some decent players here. Top level public university with a regarded degree, very nice campus, excellent facilities, a chance from day 1 to get on the field and make an impact, and a school that does put players into the NFL. It beats riding pine at a P5 for 4 years and maybe playing special teams, which happens to at least 70% of the kids. Any one of these kids could be the next legend...The kid or group of kids who built something special.

Reaction Score
View attachment 48976

That’s the only explanation for a tweet like this. Holy moly, what world is he living in?
Thank you for this. Every once in a while I forget the internet is full of bots that simply create content over and over again to spam our world. Thank you for the reminder.

Reaction Score
What is he supposed to say "I've won 1 game against an fbs opponent in 2 or 3 years and literally everyone wants me gone but the AD, but I'm still recruiting"?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unhinged is a great way to describe our fanbase at the moment. 2019 was going to suck, we all knew it. Some of were hoping it be a little better than it did.

Now, some are losing there "heads" because we won 2 instead of 3 or 4? The grade was always going to be an F. Are we really mad that it wasn't the best possible F?

It's fair to expect better next year and judge the program accordingly. Until then, find something else to obsess over. Our attendance problem can't afford any of you to drop dead from a fandom induced stroke.

Reaction Score
Don't take too long. Need to keep pushing to get rid of this clown. AD is run just like the school/state - no consequence for bad performance, just give yourself a raise, pension and call it all good.
Husky68 is right on! If UConn coaches/administrators fail at their jobs time to send them packing. Has any reporter asked Randy or Benedict what is football going to do different in 2020 or 2021 so we have a winning season. I bet there is no plan on the table.

Reaction Score
Husky68 is right on! If UConn coaches/administrators fail at their jobs time to send them packing. Has any reporter asked Randy or Benedict what is football going to do different in 2020 or 2021 so we have a winning season. I bet there is no plan on the table.
Enough of this crap. We get your point.

Reaction Score
Enough of this crap. We get your point.
The blind loyalty to UConn football over the years has led to the current crisis. Boneyard members and other FB fans need to speak loudly and clearly: UConn needs a nationally respected football program in FBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom