Randy Edsall Welcomes Bye Week, Wants UConn Players To Step Back From Football | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall Welcomes Bye Week, Wants UConn Players To Step Back From Football

Reaction Score

>>“I think it’ll be good for them to be able to get away for a little bit and be a normal person, so to speak, for more than a few hours a day,” Edsall said.

Of course, UConn players won’t detach fully from football during the bye. They’ll still have short practices on Tuesday and Thursday, with meetings and weightlifting on Wednesday. But with Edsall away from Storrs on an extended recruiting trip, the Huskies will enjoy a lighter schedule than usual. Players will have Friday and Saturday entirely off before resuming their usual routine next Sunday.<<

Reaction Score
I am fully bought in on the complete revamp and taking our lumps for now approach. However, that approach will fail if the young kids get so down mentally that their longer-term progress is thwarted. I imagine they can read the scoreboard just as easily as us. Moreover, I can't imagine film review after games is fun. But I am concerned when the HC starts suggesting they need a mental break after 5 games.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Working as hard as these guys are working and still getting thumped by 50 points every game has to take a psychological toll on everyone. Play some fortnite, hit the streets a little, and try to build up any semblance of confidence in their lives and get back to work next week.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

>>“I think it’ll be good for them to be able to get away for a little bit and be a normal person, so to speak, for more than a few hours a day,” Edsall said.

Of course, UConn players won’t detach fully from football during the bye. They’ll still have short practices on Tuesday and Thursday, with meetings and weightlifting on Wednesday. But with Edsall away from Storrs on an extended recruiting trip, the Huskies will enjoy a lighter schedule than usual. Players will have Friday and Saturday entirely off before resuming their usual routine next Sunday.<<

I agree getting away for a little bit, healing up and just getting one's head on straight before heading back to practice.

Of course I need a week away as well as I have a wedding to go too Saturday which will take my mind off of football one day, I think.

Reaction Score
The bye is a great chance for these guys to just recover from what has unfolded. The second half of this schedule is by no means as difficult as what they just played. Some time off to enjoy college football outside of the recent beatdowns is definitely necessary. If edsall and co didn’t give them a light week i would have been worried about the team attitudes.

Reaction Score
I am fully bought in on the complete revamp and taking our lumps for now approach. However, that approach will fail if the young kids get so down mentally that their longer-term progress is thwarted. I imagine they can read the scoreboard just as easily as us. Moreover, I can't imagine film review after games is fun. But I am concerned when the HC starts suggesting they need a mental break after 5 games.
All fair points.
I did hear Mike Evans (Tampa) recently say it was good to get away from the game during the bye and go home and spend time with his family. It’s only week 6 in the NFL.

Remember, for these young kids the grind started during the summer. This is all new to them. So I can see why they would need to get away from it all for a few days. Especially with the losing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom