Randy Edsall to retire @ end of season | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall to retire @ end of season

Reaction Score
Hopefully, the coming change will provide motivation. We've never had a winless season, so far.

Reaction Score
Considering there is no one currently in the building that can replace him, this is the best outcome.

Fans know school is serious about program and will change direction after season with benefit of Edsall can try to cobble together a couple wins on his goodbye tour.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the (good) memories. This was the right decision. Maybe the players can rally around this and pull out a couple Ws
I can't be that magnanimous, the guy is a jerk.

I'm guessing you mean the decision for Benedict to fire him right after the Holy Cross game because the decision was out of Edsall's hands.

Reaction Score
Considering there is no one currently in the building that can replace him, this is the best outcome.

Fans know school is serious about program and will change direction after season with benefit of Edsall can try to cobble together a couple wins on his goodbye tour.
and there won't be any nastiness with the boosters that wanted Randy here this go around. Makes Benedicts job a lot easier.

Although part of me thinks he might have announced this so he gets the whole season lol

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall is playing UConn football god. He knows he built this program from the ground up, now it’s his choice to stick around and make sure to destroy as much of it as possible. If he had any dignity he’d walk away today. This is his ego at its finest.

Reaction Score
If your statement has to clarify that the decision to retire was made by the coach, the decision to retire was not made by the coach.

This was a 100% orchestrated "retirement" by AD Dave. I'm not unhappy with this instead of immediate firing. Regardless of the last four seasons, Randy did make immeasurable contributions to the program over his time and deserves a bit of dignity in going out. This season is a total lost cause anyway and we would not make a permanent new hire now. There's no harm in letting the season play out when the only other option is some random coordinator is acting HC and we go 1-9 at best the rest of the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom