Randy Edsall Reaching UConn Players, Fans One Tweet At A Time (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall Reaching UConn Players, Fans One Tweet At A Time (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall Reaching UConn Players, Fans One Tweet At A Time

>>“Every morning, I wake up to it," junior wide receiver Hergy Mayala said of Edsall's Twitter use. “It's kind of funny because every time he tweets something, it's usually something you're going to see or hear that day [in meetings]. You feel good. You just know that somebody cares."<<

>>Most UConn players, like most college students, are active on social media. But for Edsall, a 1980 Syracuse grad, to embrace it is the sign of a coach keeping up with new communication channels and finding current ways to relate to, and reach, those he is charged with developing as players and people.

"I felt like his age is not really social media [savvy]," Mayala said. "I was kind of confused at first. But then I was like, ‘Alright, he's got it.’ He's figured it out and he knows how to use it.<<"

Reaction Score
I love this and think it's great he's so visible on social media. Sometimes I smile though and can't but think how much of this is Corey or a social media assistant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom