formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 4_48_00 PM.png

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I can just picture Edsall this last week at UConn:

The students/players are gone on break, and he doesn't have a coaching staff yet. I just picture him all alone in this huge facility that he practically designed and built, but hadn't been inside of in 6 years. All by himself wondering "what the hell happened to this place?"

He probably spent the entire week in his old "dirty-work clothes" fixing up the house from the evicted tenants of past and bringing it back up to respectability. It probably took a full day of scrapping and scrubbing to get all of the dried and rotting reminance of fish cakes off of the cafeteria tables from Diaco. And I am sure it took 3 days to scrap off all of the 1970s wallpaper of offensive plays on the wall of the offensive coordinator office left by GDL.

Can't you just picture him this past week all alone in that huge facility?!:D

Reaction Score
I can just picture Edsall this last week at UConn:

The students/players are gone on break, and he doesn't have a coaching staff yet. I just picture him all alone in this huge facility that he practically designed and built, but hadn't been inside of in 6 years. All by himself wondering "what the hell happened to this place?"

He probably spent the entire week in his old "dirty-work clothes" fixing up the house from the evicted tenants of past and bringing it back up to respectability. It probably took a full day of scrapping and scrubbing to get all of the dried and rotting reminance of fish cakes off of the cafeteria tables from Diaco. And I am sure it took 3 days to scrap off all of the 1970s wallpaper of offensive plays on the wall of the offensive coordinator office left by GDL.

Can't you just picture him this past week all alone in that huge facility?!:D
Why don't you just get on your knees and lick the dirt off the bottom of his shoes. I want the guy to succeed too but Jesus, be careful what you wish for. There's no guarantee that he's going to be a savior here. So far the only hint of staff is a guy from the FCS that used to coach here years ago. That doesn't exactly spell recruiting guru and UConn needs those just as much if not more than former UConn coaches coming back to their safe room. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but this Edsall staff needs to be better than the last Edsall staff if UConn ever wants to sniff a P-5 invite. And... a lot better than getting their ass handed to them in a big bowl. I really don't want to offend but the reality is the AD hired someone to tread water because difference makers don't want the job. Now all we can do is hope that Edsall can pull off a Jim Calhoun/Geno Auriemma act taking nothing and making something out of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why don't you just get on your knees and lick the dirt off the bottom of his shoes. I want the guy to succeed too but Jesus, be careful what you wish for. There's no guarantee that he's going to be a savior here. So far the only hint of staff is a guy from the FCS that used to coach here years ago. That doesn't exactly spell recruiting guru and UConn needs those just as much if not more than former UConn coaches coming back to their safe room. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but this Edsall staff needs to be better than the last Edsall staff if UConn ever wants to sniff a P-5 invite. And... a lot better than getting their ass handed to them in a big bowl.

god forbid people have fun around here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why don't you just get on your knees and lick the dirt off the bottom of his shoes. I want the guy to succeed too but Jesus, be careful what you wish for. There's no guarantee that he's going to be a savior here. So far the only hint of staff is a guy from the FCS that used to coach here years ago. That doesn't exactly spell recruiting guru and UConn needs those just as much if not more than former UConn coaches coming back to their safe room. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but this Edsall staff needs to be better than the last Edsall staff if UConn ever wants to sniff a P-5 invite. And... a lot better than getting their ass handed to them in a big bowl.

Pasqualoni apologist has no credibility when he says this kind of stuff.

Reaction Score
Why don't you just get on your knees and lick the dirt off the bottom of his shoes. I want the guy to succeed too but Jesus, be careful what you wish for. There's no guarantee that he's going to be a savior here. So far the only hint of staff is a guy from the FCS that used to coach here years ago. That doesn't exactly spell recruiting guru and UConn needs those just as much if not more than former UConn coaches coming back to their safe room. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but this Edsall staff needs to be better than the last Edsall staff if UConn ever wants to sniff a P-5 invite. And... a lot better than getting their ass handed to them in a big bowl. I really don't want to offend but the reality is the AD hired someone to tread water because difference makers don't want the job. Now all we can do is hope that Edsall can pull off a Jim Calhoun/Geno Auriemma act taking nothing and making something out of it.

Let's just make this clear, I'm not licking the dirt off the bottom of his shoes. I just think Randy Edsall is bad. And by bad I mean, if world leaders were serious about eliminating ISIS, they'd just send Randy Edsall.

Reaction Score
... but you will continue to do so every post/opportunity/thread you can.
I'll be singing the guy's praises right along with everyone else, once he has something to be praised for. The guy doesn't even have a staff yet and some of you are genuflecting like he's the second coming. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni apologist has no credibility when he says this kind of stuff.
and the Pasqualoni shots are pretty funny as back when Edsall was here last I remarked how some of you were taking cheap shots at him like you did at P when he was here. It's one thing to be critical of a coach doing something none of you ever could come close to doing and it's another being mean and rude about it with personal attacks. That's just childish so some of you GROW UP!!

Reaction Score
and the Pasqualoni shots are pretty funny as back when Edsall was here last I remarked how some of you were taking cheap shots at him like you did at P when he was here. It's one thing to be critical of a coach doing something none of you ever could come close to doing and it's another being mean and rude about it with personal attacks. That's just childish so some of you GROW UP!!
pot-kettle.jpg

Reaction Score
... but you will continue to do so every post/opportunity/thread you can.
I'll be singing the guy's praises right along with everyone else, once he has something to be praised for. The guy doesn't even have a staff yet and some of you are genuflecting like he's the second coming. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
Boo Hoo! Go cry in your baby's milk down in your mom's cellar loser
Did you forget you already responded to that comment Sunshine? Must have really hit home for you to revisit it again.

Reaction Score
Did you forget you already responded to that comment Sunshine? Must have really hit home for you to revisit it again.
he's just baiting you because he didn't get the response he wanted

Reaction Score
still a free country right. I do as I please.

GO UCONN!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
the coach who will bring us back to respectability, stability and ultimately remove a barrier to a P5 invite.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Boo Hoo! Go cry in your baby's milk down in your mom's cellar loser
First, RE's staff has very little to do with getting into a P5, restoring the program to where it was when he left in the next 4 years will handle that
Secondly, grow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline