Randy Edsall, David Pindell See Positive Signs For Experienced UConn Offense (Courant) | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall, David Pindell See Positive Signs For Experienced UConn Offense (Courant)

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall, David Pindell See Positive Signs For Experienced UConn Offense

>>“I think we’re executing pretty well on offense after seven days,” Edsall said. “There are things we have in [the playbook] that they’re executing that places I’ve been before and seen, I don’t know if they’ve executed them as well as we’re executing them right now.”<<

>>”The biggest improvement this year as opposed to last year is that everybody knows what to do,” Pindell said. “Everybody knows their job, knows their role and are just teaching the younger guys so they can do it.”<<

>>Edsall spoke Wednesday about the linebacker position in particular, where sophomore Darrian Beavers and junior Eli Thomas appear set to start on the outside, but the middle linebacker role remains fully up for grabs. Sophomore Ryan Gilmartin has gotten the most first-team snaps at middle linebacker, with senior Santana Sterling also in the mix and freshman Kevon Jones catching Edsall’s attention as well.<<

>>We know we’re going to have to play a lot of guys on defense,” Edsall said. “We’ve got to get some of them just to understand how important it is to just do their job. If they do their job, it all fits together. We’re getting better at that.”<<

Reaction Score
Beavers showed a lot of promise as true freshman. He and Thomas are intriguing as guys who can come off the edge. Randy is increasing the athleticism already. Starting to get a little excited for improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom