Randy 3 points against Cuse at Home | The Boneyard

Randy 3 points against Cuse at Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What will Randy's pal from Under Armour think about him not being able to beat a mediocre Big East program at College Park?

Reaction Score
2 int's and 2 fumbles will do that.

How about BCU41 New Mexico St 34 in the 4th. NM St is 1-8. Don Brown's defense?

Reaction Score

If they win who cares. It looks like BC will be bowl eligible this year with little talent.

I was actually hoping Randy would beat Syracuse. I hate Syracuse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
watched quite a bit of the UMD SU game. Two things, a lot of empty seats at UMD for a home game against a .500, team for a team in UMD that was 5-3. Two, without Long and Diggs at wideout, his offense looked identical to his UConn days. On one series immediately after an SU FG made it 13-0, they ran once for 11 yds, followed by three runs and punting away 4th and 2. On third and one, SU sent the house and stopped them for a 1yd loss on a handoff. It was almost deja vu. They were very fortunate that UVA missed a chip shot FG as time expired a few weeks back or they would be winless since the FSU shellacking.

Reaction Score
Good to see Randy is still solidly mediocre. CEILING.

Solidly mediocre??? Solidly worst record in ACC football over the past 3 years (4-16). Inheriting a team coming off a 9-4 record with a bowl victory.

Don't forget, 22-26 all-time in Big East....loser.

Reaction Score
Solidly mediocre??? Solidly worst record in ACC football over the past 3 years (4-16). Inheriting a team coming off a 9-4 record with a bowl victory.

Don't forget, 22-26 all-time in Big East....loser.
But the cupboard was left empty in Maryland!

Reaction Score
But the cupboard was left empty in Maryland!
And what's in the cupboard now as he is into his third year??

Three years in and gets knocked by Cuse 20-3. A Cuse team that got torched by Georgia Tech 56-0 and followed up with an "impressive" 13 point offensive output against Wake.

So he has beaten WVU this year (2-5 B1G), other than that, 3 years in his season is zilch.

Reaction Score
Edsall used to destroy Syracuse when they played UConn. He's lost it.
SU had a pair of stud defensive tackles. Marrone was another guy who was recruiting better than the recruiting sites gave him credit for. Schaffer looks like a solid coach for first year guy, I was impressed with how they looked on defense on the road. Overall same old Randy. Very disciplined team, no penalties against till late in second half, ultra conservative approach to offense, play for field position. He hasn't lost it, and he hasn't changed. The ACC overall, is tougher than the Big East was. If he coaches in the Big Ten he will be exposed further. As always, as the season gets deeper, the more conservative he seems to get on offense.

Reaction Score
SU had a pair of stud defensive tackles. Marrone was another guy who was recruiting better than the recruiting sites gave him credit for. Schaffer looks like a solid coach for first year guy, I was impressed with how they looked on defense on the road. Overall same old Randy. Very disciplined team, no penalties against till late in second half, ultra conservative approach to offense, play for field position. He hasn't lost it, and he hasn't changed. The ACC overall, is tougher than the Big East was. If he coaches in the Big Ten he will be exposed further. As always, as the season gets deeper, the more conservative he seems to get on offense.

Well, you know, Edsall took UConn up against DE Chandler Jones when Jones was a junior. There were other good SU players back then too starring in the NFL now. Maybe the difference was coaching.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Randy's greatest strength was his efficiency in beating inferior teams and putting his team in position to win against better teams.

Against really good teams, he got exposed. Like FSU this year or WVU or Michigan with UCONN.

I think he would be an incredible MAC coach.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
LMAO, myself and others used to get killed when we said this about Edsall
“I coached good, they played bad”. That was his mantra after every loss. That entire article sums up my feelings about him. Does not mean he didn't do a good job here, he did.

That said, I could care less whether he wins or loses. We have much bigger problems than Edsall ever taking responsibility for a loss.

The most comforting part of that article was:
Sadly for Maryland, Edsall’s not going anywhere because the school can’t possibly afford to buy him out right now.

I'd rather they not be in the market for a coach at the same time we are.

Reaction Score
Unless they lose out, he's not getting fired. They'll probably eke out one more win against BC or NC State, get to a bowl and be able to point to "progress" while leaning on the injuries as an excuse.

Reaction Score
2 int's and 2 fumbles will do that.

and we put up 34 points on FSU with the exact same score 48-34 does that mean FSU can't play defense? its all relative and sometime your opponents come prepared with a great game plan. Oh and a potent Clemson offense was held to 24 points winning 24 - 14 and losing going into the 4th quarter. I would say Don has done a great job in his first year. Sacks have almost tripled this year 22 so far, compared to 6 all of last year, which ranked nearly dead last among all FBS schools. Attitude and energy and all of the less apparent things have done a 180 from a year ago. He has done well within a very short time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom