Random thoughts -- game and otherwise. | The Boneyard

Random thoughts -- game and otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  • In the first half, we weren't allowed to play defense on the interior. Everything our bigs did was a foul. In the 2nd half it got even though, when the refs started showing some respect for the Boat. He drew fouls on the perimeter on three consecutive possessions, putting both of Dayton's starting guards on the bench with 4 each. THAT is when the game turned.
  • The color commentator was openly rooting for Dayton. Don't know who he is, but evidently he coached at WKU and gave the Dayton coach his first job as an assistant.
  • Ferrari must have gotten a tuneup. They run a little rough when you don't open em up and let them breath for an extended period. Seems to be running just fine now.
  • Ryan Boatright. Wow. If this level of performance keeps up, the "Who was better, Kemba or Bazz?" argument will become a three way deal. He has matured into something very, very special.
  • When Ricky first joined the staff, he looked really out of shape. Not any more. Looks like he's really gotten back in shape. I guess he took 'taking the stairs' as seriously as the players.
  • TSam was not good today.
  • If Amida's 3 blocks in 18 seconds is not #1 in the SC top 10 tonight, there's something seriously flawed in their selection process.
  • DHam is going to be a star. I really hope we have him for two years.
  • Facey had a pretty good overall game. 2 of 4 from the field, 2 of 2 from the line, 5 boards, a steal and two blocks.
  • 9 steals and 8 blocks for the team. I think 5 of the steals and 6 of the blocks were in the 2nd half, which coincidentally is when winning time occurs.
  • Did I mention the color commentator sucked?
  • The biggest negative for me was that we were outrebounded pretty handily. Dayton had 14 offensive boards. They only had ONE yesterday.
  • The biggest positive for me (other than the final score) was the calm and controlled way Boat took over whenever it even hinted at getting out of hand. It was Caron/Kemba/Bazz-like.

Reaction Score
I see Facey's confidence growing and growing. I think its imperative that he hold down the 4 spot allowing DHam to focus on the 3. We have such an impressive starting 5, with excellent guard backup.

Man I wish Omar would hurry back and another 'bench' big can produce/contribute. If that happens we are even more lethal.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I love Terrence, but he had a really rough game today. Hopefully he bounces back Sunday.

Hamilton is a stud. Agreed that we should be ecstatic if he's here next year, kid is gonna be a star.

Reaction Score
Do you really believe your first 2 bullets? The refs called it tight the entire game.

Reaction Score
Agree on TSam, looked lost today, but I'm sure he will bounce back. Hamilton is going to be a stud, and Facey just oozes out potential and seems to look better and more comfortable every game

Reaction Score
I love Terrence, but he had a really rough game today. Hopefully he bounces back Sunday.

Hamilton is a stud. Agreed that we should be ecstatic if he's here next year, kid is gonna be a star.
Once 15 guys from Kentucky declare for the draft, it will push Hamilton to stick around for at least another year...

Reaction Score
Darrin Horn. And YES, if you get fired from a HC slot, you can come back & do color on ESPN. He was a darn good player at WKU. Won a bunch as their coach (where Archie Miller got his first job) and them flamed out at South Carolina. USC won nothing and did nothing notable while he was there. Frank Martin took over ... and continued the nothingness.

Reaction Score
I see Facey's confidence growing and growing. I think its imperative that he hold down the 4 spot allowing DHam to focus on the 3. We have such an impressive starting 5, with excellent guard backup.

Man I wish Omar would hurry back and another 'bench' big can produce/contribute. If that happens we are even more lethal.
I agree about Facey, this was probably the best he has played for us. Did anyone notice he even played some significant minutes at the 5, when both Amidah and Phil were in foul trouble. I thought he held his own in that stint. I also find it telling that Lubin actually had more floor time than Nolan in the box score. Phil DID shoot the highest percentage on the team today (1-1)! I love Phil's personality but we really need more contribution from him! A few rebounds would be nice!!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Good game. Very good second half. I thought our perimeter defense in the first half was absolutely atrocious. Blame the refs for calling BS fouls and blame our bigs for not rotating, but the biggest heap of blame for that layup line the Flyers were in all half goes to our guards. KO must have given them a tongue-lashing at halftime; they deserved it. I'm not sure the Flyers took a shot from outside 2 feet during the last 10 minutes of the half.

Anyway, tldr, we took it to them down the stretch. Another good learning experience, another win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom