Random thoughts from UNF or is it NFU? | The Boneyard

Random thoughts from UNF or is it NFU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Northern Florida is not a good team. They are a mediocre team with one very good offensive player and one other guard with a really good stroke. (Sams). But they have been giving teams that should trash them very competitive games this year, so a 21 point win over them is a very promising development, considering where we're coming from this year.
  2. I was going to complain about the free throw shooting, but 69% for the game ain't half bad for this team, this year. If it wasn't for Brimah completely forgetting how to shoot FTs this year, we'd have been in good shape from the line today. And the guys in the dark uniforms shot under 47%, so...
  3. We shot almost as well from 3 (44.4%) as UNF shot from the line (46.7%)
  4. Facey. Can't say enough about the kid's game today. I've always chosen to concentrate more on the flashes of brilliance than the disappearances, so I've long thought he could put together something like today. But I've never seen someone turn his court presence so completely around over the span of three games as this kid has. As far as I can see, it's based entirely on knowing that he's got to do it and that he has some leeway to make a mistake or two without losing his minutes. Senior year in HS, he was the man, and had all the confidence in the world. Took the better part of 4 years, but he might just have that confidence back.
  5. As well as Mr. Facey played, I was even more impressed with how he handled the post game interview. He is everything I would like our players to be in that situation. Well spoken, humble, articulate, poised. I'll bet he even uses apostrophes correctly when he writes.
  6. Unless we're just trying to baby those knees as much as possible, I thought Durham could have used some burn today once the lead got up to 15 points or so.
  7. Not that we'll need to think about him often or much in the future, but Driscoll is a coach who could be easy to dislike. He spent the press conference moaning that we were allowed to be too physical with Moore. The only thing close to physical we did on him was aggressively going over screens (often moving screens, BTW) and staying tight to him.
  8. Speaking of Moore... The kid is a fantastic offensive player. But did he play ANY defense at all? The box score has him with two steals, but I only remember one, and that was more like picking up a loose ball off the floor than a steal.
  9. Has there ever been a televised college bball game in which the announcers said "This is a really crappy officiating crew?" Funny thing is, they always bring up how good, or how "experienced" the crew is right after they make a bonehead call or two. I think "really experienced" is announcerspeak code for awful. Not that these refs were all that bad, but the announcers made them sound like the best ref crew in history.
  10. 13/10/5 with only 1 TO? Where do I sign for that from Jalen every game?
  11. And speaking of dimes, 18 on 29 FGs is more than respectable.
  12. Three bigs with 4 blocks each is pretty impressive.
  13. 22 boards by those same three bigs isn't too bad either, when you consider how rebound-challenged this front court has been.
  14. Vital played a pretty impressive 28 minutes. Brought the ball up court half the time when he was on the floor, dove and scrapped for loose balls, shot 4 out of 6 overall and 2 for 2 from three, plus 75% from the line and had a pair each of boards and assists to go with 3 steals. Plus glued himself pretty tightly to Moore when called upon to do so. He is definitely the pleasant surprise of the new players so far.
  15. I don't know about the rest of the yard, but I'm going to sleep happy tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog