Random Thoughts about the last 24 hours.... | The Boneyard

Random Thoughts about the last 24 hours....

Reaction Score
1. The stake has been driven into the heart of UCONN football. Football independence in the P5 era is suicide for anyone not named Notre Dame, BYU, or Army-West Point. The only way UCONN football can stay afloat is to play 2-3 payday away games per year against the Clemsons of the football world.
2. As an independent, I don't believe that UCONN can any longer count as a P5 game for the B1G, so the Indiana-Illinois-Rutgers teams no longer have any incentive to Schedule the Huskies for home & homes.
3. From a fan perspective: The University has torpedoed ticket sales more than the last few years of lousy football play ever could. Who will continue to pay P5 season ticket pricing for an amalgamation of FCS, Army, UMass, New Mexico State. Liberty, (once in a blue moon BYU), & whatever table scraps the A.D. can patch together? And think about the generation that were students & avid fans during the BCS era: What incentive do they have to budget season ticket purchases as they get married, start families, purchase homes, etc. The University has marginalized them & future generations.
4. As most of you know, I purchase 12 season tickets a year with the help of my tailgating crew. As my group contemplates retirement, there is more interest in possible vacationing or moving to Southern climates. Deep sixing the football team makes it easier to decide on discretionary income.
5. As a final point: Last week, when I visited the RENT, I took my grandson to the Athletic souvenier stand to buy him a team baseball cap. As it was raining, I had on an old UCONN Big East golf rain slicker. The Attendant commented that he liked the logo as UConn should rejoin the Big East. When I commented that this would be the death of UCONN football, he said"GOOD! The ACC or B1G was a pipe dream anyway". He may have had the ulterior motive of wanting his team to become the RENT's new prime tenant. If that was the case, he may yet get his wish.

Other than the Yankees increasing their A.L. East lead this weekend, this has been a nightmarish sports weekend for me.

Reaction Score
If this does happen I will have no incentive to follow UConn sports any more(been an avid fan since the early 70's). I have no interest in watching or traveling to Creighton, Marquette, Depaul, Butler, Seton Hall or St. Johns. The state and the school have given up on athletics so why should the fans give a s---t? There will be no P-5 invite without a competitive D-1 football program and moving out of the AAC will kill recruiting.

I also predict that Geno will retire very, very soon. Once Edsall's contract is finished football will be dropped completely. Lets face it folks we've seen the best that UConn sports had to offer it's fans and those days are over. Last fan standing please shut off the lights when you leave(the state).

Reaction Score
1. The stake has been driven into the heart of UCONN football. Football independence in the P5 era is suicide for anyone not named Notre Dame, BYU, or Army-West Point. The only way UCONN football can stay afloat is to play 2-3 payday away games per year against the Clemsons of the football world.
2. As an independent, I don't believe that UCONN can any longer count as a P5 game for the B1G, so the Indiana-Illinois-Rutgers teams no longer have any incentive to Schedule the Huskies for home & homes.
3. From a fan perspective: The University has torpedoed ticket sales more than the last few years of lousy football play ever could. Who will continue to pay P5 season ticket pricing for an amalgamation of FCS, Army, UMass, New Mexico State. Liberty, (once in a blue moon BYU), & whatever table scraps the A.D. can patch together? And think about the generation that were students & avid fans during the BCS era: What incentive do they have to budget season ticket purchases as they get married, start families, purchase homes, etc. The University has marginalized them & future generations.
4. As most of you know, I purchase 12 season tickets a year with the help of my tailgating crew. As my group contemplates retirement, there is more interest in possible vacationing or moving to Southern climates. Deep sixing the football team makes it easier to decide on discretionary income.
5. As a final point: Last week, when I visited the RENT, I took my grandson to the Athletic souvenier stand to buy him a team baseball cap. As it was raining, I had on an old UCONN Big East golf rain slicker. The Attendant commented that he liked the logo as UConn should rejoin the Big East. When I commented that this would be the death of UCONN football, he said"GOOD! The ACC or B1G was a pipe dream anyway". He may have had the ulterior motive of wanting his team to become the RENT's new prime tenant. If that was the case, he may yet get his wish.

Other than the Yankees increasing their A.L. East lead this weekend, this has been a nightmarish sports weekend for me.

Hartford Athletic has no interest in the Rent. I saw your wife walking around with the little guy but was too distracted by my own to say hi.

Reaction Score

You're talking about Hartford Athletic, right? Because that wasn't really made clear to me with the bolded. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom