Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
get those feet moving again yarders.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm trying to remember how long after the lst dance commenced the rain started - might we see rain by week's end?

yea it should be within a couple days depending on how many ppl join this dance :p. i think the first dance had several members and in 4 days we had several commits. lets hope for more of that!

pj

Reaction Score
Is it OK to do rain drinking instead? I'm a bit old for dancing.

Hoping for Fuchs and Hush. Will still celebrate if it's Marriner or a Dean guy.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

the drought is getting bad, i offer the gods this gem

Reaction Score
I was just thinking two days ago that the latest rain dance has yielded no results. I'm shocked we don't have a RB on board yet.

pj

Reaction Score
Then they should try to gain 4 or more yards.

He means that what RB try to do is go to schools that get them the ball in open space and have passing attacks that spread defenders around the field and offensive lines that open big holes. Thus, West Virginia has five running backs this year and Oregon two with Laray Smith begging for an offer, even as we don't have one.

Reaction Score
PJ - I get the point, but let's be honest it'll take 2-3 of those guys a year to figure out they'll never play and the other 2-3 about 2 years to realize that WVU doesn't run the ball (they are ranked 117 out of 120 on attempts, and 16% are Geno scrambling). At some point, a RB actually wants a chance to run.

pj

Reaction Score
Their top back Andrew Buie has 52 carries and 13 receptions for 391 total yards, 6 yards per touch. For Lyle McCombs it's 122 carries no receptions for 452 total yards, 3.7 yards per touch. So McCombs has run for 61 more yards, or 15% more yards, but he's gotten hit 70 more times, 135% more.

We do have a ton of playing time available and WVU doesn't. But if a back is looking for a high ratio of yards to hits, or yards per touch -- ie more glory -- WV does look more attractive.

I'm hopefully GDL will open up the offense at some point, but for now, it seems like the kind of runner who would be most attracted to GDL's offense might be more of a workhorse between-the-tackles guy, but we're trying to recruit WV-style APBs who can catch. That recruiting tactic is one reason I was expecting to see more of an open offense from GDL. Why does Lyle McCombs have 0 receptions? Can he just not catch? The recruiting strategy doesn't seem to match the offensive play-calling strategy. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
We do have a ton of playing time available and WVU doesn't.

It only takes a season or two for backs to catch on that we only use one back anyway, so to say we have a ton of playing time available is completely untrue. Our backs sit on the bench, pass block, or play ST. We have 14 carries in 5 games for any RB not named McCombs, who by the way I believe is like 5th most in the country for carries and 29th in yardage. We don't play the backs we have, we haven't for 1 1/2 seasons now, and kids will notice that.

Reaction Score
good point. But name a WV back playing in the NFL. WVU may eb a great place to play on Sat., but it does not appear to be a place to go if you want to play on Sunday (you could make same argument about any Hogorsen back). And, no, I am NOT saynig goping to UConn will get you to play on Sunday. I am simply saying the love affair RBs have w/WVU is a mystery to me. Unless, of course, you want to live with the toothless crowd in coal country.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Apbs all want to be percy harvin types. Dana is selling kids on being that type of player.

Reaction Score
Apbs all want to be percy harvin types. Dana is selling kids on being that type of player.

Got it. These guys aren't Ray Rices or even Donald Brown types so need to showcase Harvin type skills, and it's more fun in that kind of an offense 'cause you get enough touches so you can make up for a drop or bad route/cut.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thank god the trail is heating back up...

pj

Reaction Score
Let's dance for some linemen ... Jalen Stevens and an o-lineman would be a good start.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Let's dance for some linemen ... Jalen Stevens and an o-lineman would be a good start.

we need a 3-2-1 plan :D . the other day before marriner committed i listed 5 guys we should go hard after and if we landed some of them we could be looking real good on the trail. now its time to set up a attack plan for our coaches and our twitter crew.

land any 3 of dunn/stevens/meant/hush/reid/flood/parker/trent/dobbs
land any 2 of miller/finnin/wright/dunham/officer
land 1 of fuchs/batten/hinjos

hows that for a start?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
everyone do a dance this weekend. im feeling #19 should be coming soon. im taking this to the next level. gonna get the fire pit going 2night and put my secret super man mask on and do the rain dance. i'm feelin it right now!!!

18 of 25 slots full. !!!!

images

show off your rain dance mojo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members