If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
PA state player of the year
PCL champion, MVP
2x PCL player of the year
2x Philadelphia City player of the year
3x first team all-state
4 year starter on a nationally renowned team

Who was the last player we had with these types of high school ball accolades? You can make a good case that he’s one of the best high school players to ever come out of PA. What was Nova thinking allowing him out of Philly? Lol.

Reaction Score
PA state player of the year
PCL champion, MVP
2x PCL player of the year
2x Philadelphia City player of the year
3x first team all-state
4 year starter on a nationally renowned team

Who was the last player we had with these types of high school ball accolades? You can make a good case that he’s one of the best high school players to ever come out of PA. What was Nova thinking allowing him out of Philly? Lol.
Should fit in at UConn

Reaction Score
Does he only play basketball? With such accolades I am just curious.

I know when I was in high school, the best athletes played multiple sports. Or have things changed?

Reaction Score
Above all that he seems to have an awesome personality. I can see him being a very vocal leader right away.

Reaction Score

I know when I was in high school, the best athletes played multiple sports. Or have things changed?

Single-sport athletes are exceedingly common. Good basketball players like we're recruiting basically never play other sports. Occasionally you'll get a kid who played football until his sophomore year or something.

I don't think anyone on our team currently played anything but basketball in HS that I can recall.

Reaction Score
Single-sport athletes are exceedingly common. Good basketball players like we're recruiting basically never play other sports. Occasionally you'll get a kid who played football until his sophomore year or something.

I don't think anyone on our team currently played anything but basketball in HS that I can recall.
Bouk talked about playing baseball in HS for awhile.Think he said he was a SS

Reaction Score

Makes it all the more impressive that Suggs was so sought after as a quarterback.

Reaction Score
Villanova is the only good program in PA. They could field an impressive team just by getting the top PA kids.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
And to think: that resume doesn’t even have his championship(s) with UConn on it yet!

Reaction Score
Diggins will be ready to contribute from the get go next year. He’s got that “it” factor.

Reaction Score

That’s bc you’re old. These days they focus on one sport.

Reaction Score
That’s bc you’re old. These days they focus on one sport.
Yup. Blame AAU basketball, AAU baseball, club soccer, etc. All stuff we didn't have when we were growing up. They all want you to play their sport year round so it becomes very difficult to play multiple sports. And then when you get to high school, especially by your junior and senior years, those varsity teams are mostly kids who specialized in one sport because that's how they got so good at that sport. There were very few kids who played multiple varsity major sports (football, soccer, basketball, baseball) at our high school. When we were kids if you were a good athlete you played one sport per season and then moved on to the next one. That's not what most kids are doing these days.

Reaction Score
The intangibles on this kid are off the chart.

100%. Hard to know his impact in year one, but as an upperclassman leader, he's going to make all these high-flying athletes we're recruiting better with his passing and pace. He needs to work on his defense, but we all know Hurley gets the best out of guys on that end so I'm not worried.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Yup. Blame AAU basketball, AAU baseball, club soccer, etc. All stuff we didn't have when we were growing up. They all want you to play their sport year round so it becomes very difficult to play multiple sports. And then when you get to high school, especially by your junior and senior years, those varsity teams are mostly kids who specialized in one sport because that's how they got so good at that sport. There were very few kids who played multiple varsity major sports (football, soccer, basketball, baseball) at our high school. When we were kids if you were a good athlete you played one sport per season and then moved on to the next one. That's not what most kids are doing these days.
Which is pretty amazing because almost every article you read is against sports specialization. But it seems like now if you want the best opportunities to play competitively, you have to play all year round.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He was also first team all PCL as a sophomore. One of the most competitive conferences in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom